Reaction score
Looking to purchase a used double rifle in either a 450/400 or 470

Specs:
Right Hand
side by side
14.5 LOP Min.
Ejectors
Mid to Upper Maker 15K to 25K

Not required but would really like something with some extra shotgun barrels and / or smaller caliber barrels

Please PM me with any options you might have.

Check out Dewey's Pawn shop in Greenville SC. I do business with them and there great. He has a Heym 470 NE used like new for around 15K. Ive seen it and it's nice. JFWIW.

Looking to purchase a used double rifle in either a 450/400 or 470

Specs:
Right Hand
side by side
14.5 LOP Min.
Ejectors
Mid to Upper Maker 15K to 25K

Not required but would really like something with some extra shotgun barrels and / or smaller caliber barrels

Please PM me with any options you might have.

For approx $15K you can buy a new made to order sxs, round body, ejector Verney-Carron with you exact stock dimensions (cast, drop, lop), for $21K you can have the gun and a second barrels set.
A double needs to fit and has more in common with a quail gun than a bolt rifle. When the gun comes up the sights should exactly line up. To test this mount a gun with your eyes closed, without moving the gun open your eyes. If your face is not about centered (or very sightly forward of center) on the buttstock and the front bead is not in the bottom of the rear sight V the stock does not fit as it should.
Extra shotgun barrels are not a good idea for most applications, if it fits correctly as a rifle you will not be able to get your face down far enough on the comb because the rifle sights sit higher than on a shotgun. If it fits correctly as a shotgun you will have to hold your head up off the comb to see the rifle sights. A second rifle barrel has to be nearly the same weight other wise the balance will be wrong. I have done a couple of two barrel sets, one a 375 FM with a second set in 303, and a 450 nitro with a second set in 375R V-C. Both have worked out for me, but if you try something too far apart it will not balance with the second set. I am toying with the idea of a 500 nitro and a second set in 500/416

I have a Searcy 470NE unfired other testing. It wasn't ready in time for my Africa hunt

I will sell you my brand new Rizzini 470 NE bought in December of 2020 for $10,000 and throw in 6 boxes of Barnes 500 grain ammunition and 470 reloading dies. The bullets and dies alone worth over $1,000 dollars. Reason for selling I want a double rifle in 450-400. Thanks

PM me if you wish. I have a 1906 Gibbs 450-400 3 1/4" for sale. Imported from a PH in Zimbabwe with a history of use in that country. It's a best quality double and the original owner must have been very optimistic about his shooting with leaf sights to 600 yards, scope and mount, and Lyman tang sight (both the scope and Lyman sight have been lost to time but Gibbs can fit new rings to fit your scope and the rifle). The ledger is the most complete I've seen--listing everyone who worked on the rifle, the time and their charge. I have a pile of new brass that will last a lifetime, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg