Want To Buy 405 Winchester Brass

contender85

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Benefactor Member, SCI
Looking for some new 405Win brass, 50-200pcs. if anybody has any to spare, PM with price shipped to NC zip 28716.
Thanks,
Mark

Good luck and hope you find some.....Ive just been picking up some factory stuff to shoot and then reload.....just haven’t found brass only.

Mark,
Why not buy live ammo, shoot it, and then reload?

Get your brass the fun way.

Hornady did just release a lot of ammo so as others note, buy it and reload. The ammo can be had for as little as $42 a box at some online outlets. Brass is just about non existent but if you watch some of the online sites, some does pop up once in a while, but at a premium.

Thanks guys, if I had a 405 I would do just that but I am using the brass for a 378 GNR Encore barrel and am considering a 338GNR barrel as well.
Mark

Have you looked at 405 basic brass? That might be a better fit.

CG,
Here is a deal for you;
You buy the 50-200 rounds of new Hornady .405 ammo, ship it to me and I will ship to you the same amount of once fired Hornady .405 WCF brass. I do have the brass in stock.

Or, you could buy my unfired safe queen Miroku/Winchester 1895 .405 for $3,000 and shoot the rounds yourself.
Imagine yourself in the above picture with a new 1895 .405 and Cape buff!
Let me know you preference.
CRS

I see Dixie Gun Works has some basic in stock. Not cheap though.

Have you looked into using 7x65R brass to make your basic 405? According to my cartridge conversion book its another route. These days it may be more readily available than .405 Win., which is mightily scarce.

BTW, what sort of velocities are realistic in the GNR? I saw one place that said it is almost the equal of the H&H which sounds typically optimistic of wildcat rounds. The full size .405 Win is about 20 grs (water) less capacity than the .375 H&H which is a considerable difference, even more than the difference between the .308 and the '06 at about 14 grs.

CG,
Here is a deal for you;
You buy the 50-200 rounds of new Hornady .405 ammo, ship it to me and I will ship to you the same amount of once fired Hornady .405 WCF brass. I do have the brass in stock.

Thanks for the offer but I were going to that I think I would just pull the bullets and new brass.

Or, you could buy my unfired safe queen Miroku/Winchester 1895 .405 for $3,000 and shoot the rounds yourself.
Imagine yourself in the above picture with a new 1895 .405 and Cape buff!
Let me know you preference.
CRS

I wish I was in a position to buy that rifle and go take a Cape Buffalo!

I see Dixie Gun Works has some basic in stock. Not cheap though.
No they aren't are they?

Have you looked into using 7x65R brass to make your basic 405? According to my cartridge conversion book its another route. These days it may be more readily available than .405 Win., which is mightily scarce.

No, I hadn't looked at that, I have enough 405 to keep me going for right now but if I get in a jam later that's a possibility, I am watching a box of 405basic cases on GunBroker right now.

BTW, what sort of velocities are realistic in the GNR? I saw one place that said it is almost the equal of the H&H which sounds typically optimistic of wildcat rounds. The full size .405 Win is about 20 grs (water) less capacity than the .375 H&H which is a considerable difference, even more than the difference between the .308 and the '06 at about 14 grs.

Gary's reloading manual shows 2330fps from a 15" Encore barrel with 270gr bullets.

Thanks everyone for all the help/suggestions,
Mark

No they aren't are they?

No, I hadn't looked at that, I have enough 405 to keep me going for right now but if I get in a jam later that's a possibility, I am watching a box of 405basic cases on GunBroker right now.

Gary's reloading manual shows 2330fps from a 15" Encore barrel with 270gr bullets.

Thanks everyone for all the help/suggestions,
Mark
That about puts it in the .35 Whelen range or so.

BTW, if you are looking at the basic on GB, I would not wait too long. Its only $5 more for the BUYNOW option. Easy for someone else to snag that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg