Want To Buy 275 H&H Brass

Frederik Badenhorst

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hi there

Looking for 275 H&H brass. I live in BC,Canada and the local Quality Cartridge agent here told me no special order items will be coming into Canada any time soon.

Hoping a member might have some he is willing to sell

Cheers

Frederik

Cogswell and Harrison

C1XybWD.jpg
ZzkntLj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful! Duke at Gulf Breeze Firearms can likely get you some brass if you have a way to get it into Canada. Otherwise just use 7x57 brass until things calm down.

The stock pattern is remarkably similar to a Rigby. Do you know the year of manufacture?

The stock pattern is remarkably similar to a Rigby. Do you know the year of manufacture?
Hi WAV

I wrote Cogswell but it seems their administration department is down due to Covid . That’s what the website says anyways

Otherwise just use 7x57 brass until things calm down.
Are you sure about this? 7x57 can be used in a 275 Rigby, but isn't a 275 H&H something altogether different?

Are you sure about this? 7x57 can be used in a 275 Rigby, but isn't a 275 H&H something altogether differe
The .275 H&H was to my knowledge the first of the 2.5" short belted magnums. The .275 H&H predates the 7mm Weatherby, 7x61 Express, 7mm Remington, and the rest. The photo is of a factory .275 H&H and the other case is what a 7x57 case looks like after being fired in a .275 H&H chamber.
Sorry for the poor picture.

DSC02689 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a BRNO model 22 a few years back that had nothing but factory stampings on it. Somewhere along the line someone had chambered it to .275 H&H unbeknown to me. I mounted a scope and bore sighted the rifle. Since my bench is at the 100 yard mark I make a practice of walking up to around 25 yards and firing a round at my target before I move back to 100. That 7x57 slid right in from the magazine and hit dead center 2 inches low, perfect. When I got back to the bench that blown case is what ejected. Shortly after I did a chamber cast which told me it was a .275 H&H.

I wanted an example of a .275 H&H for my collection of cartridges and it was not easy to find.

Reactions: WAB
If Quality Cartridge is willing to sell direct and ship to a FFL dealer in the US, you could get Prophet River to import them for you. A bit expensive and time consuming. I need to source some 425 Westley Richards and may have to go this route.

Are you sure about this? 7x57 can be used in a 275 Rigby, but isn't a 275 H&H something altogether different?

Ah my bad, you are correct. I saw .275 and immediately jumped
To Rigby.

I have a few rounds of that in my stash but dont help much, being not in Canada.

Bought these years ago thinking same as others, that it was .275 Rigby. Thinking its almost a collectable now.
IMG_1865.JPG

Book says use .300 H&H. FL size in .275 die with expander removed. Trim to length and chamfer, Fireform.

RCC brass makes this. It ain’t cheap.

I know a guy who uses it in a 350 Rigby and has had good luck.

not sure about their export to Canada status but I’d give them a shout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg