Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
W-Laird-Hamberlin.jpg

W. Laird Hamberlin, longtime member of Safari Club International, has been named SCI's Chief Executive Officer, effective April 1. He succeeds Richard M. Parsons, who will serve as his deputy during a transition period.

A businessman known for helping big companies grow and prosper, Hamberlin has been a member of SCI for more than 30 years and has served in numerous volunteer positions at the chapter, regional and international levels. He served on three separate Executive Committees, most recently as a Vice President from 2013 through 2015.

"We are in an unprecedented period of attacks on hunting, particularly international hunting that has been SCI's brand for many years," Hamberlin said. "Hunting here in the U.S. is also under attack and is a right that we will help to preserve. SCI has always been the leading organization defending the rights of all hunters around the world through conservation, science-based data and sustainability. The increased challenges of today call for bold moves to make sure that SCI is properly structured and funded to take that leadership role to the next level. I'm extremely excited about our future in leading the way."

"SCI is happy to welcome Laird aboard as our new CEO," said SCI President Paul Babaz. "He has been a valuable part of the volunteer leadership team and now will be able to use his extraordinary talents to help guide and grow the business side of the organization in order to protect and support the right to hunt."

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

More of the same, or someone who knows what needs to be fixed? Time will tell....

I would say that timing is good though. SCI has 11 months to stop some of the bleeding before their next convention, if they move quickly.

I’ll see you in Dallas, if you get my drift!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross