VX5 on a CZ?

John J

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
I have searched and some of the recommended scopes are no longer produced or back ordered. I need to mount a scope on my son's CZ 550 in 375 H&H. Has anyone mounted or know if the Leopold VX 5, 2-10×42 will have enough room for proper eye relief? From what I gather searching it will be a tight fit. Alternate recommendations would be welcome. I'd prefer to keep it in about the 1K price range. My local store has 1, VX5 in stock. I don't have the rifle close by to take it in. Measurements over the phone seem like it would work. Thanks, John

You can get a Swarovski Z3 for less than $1000 or a Z5 for a bit more. I’d suggest calling Cove Creek Outfitters in PA. They are good folks and have good prices and a suspect they can answer the question about if the scope will fit.

I have searched and some of the recommended scopes are no longer produced or back ordered. I need to mount a scope on my son's CZ 550 in 375 H&H. Has anyone mounted or know if the Leopold VX 5, 2-10×42 will have enough room for proper eye relief? From what I gather searching it will be a tight fit. Alternate recommendations would be welcome. I'd prefer to keep it in about the 1K price range. My local store has 1, VX5 in stock. I don't have the rifle close by to take it in. Measurements over the phone seem like it would work. Thanks, John

The Leupold VX5 HD CDS 2-10x42 is an excellent choice. I have several of them. Fits fine on the CZ 550. I used Talley QD rings. No issues with eye relief. The CDS will let me be spot on out to 300 yards with no problems.

I have one on both my 9,3 x 62 and 7x64 CZ 550. Works fine and they are a great scope.

I tried one on my CZ 550 American 375 H&H and couldn't get it far enough back to work for me with Warne CZ rings. Currently have a Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-12x42 on it, but increasingly thinking 2.5 is too much on the low side for a 375. There aren't many scopes without a straight tube that have enough mounting area to work on a CZ safari magnum action IMHO.

BTW, I'm a very big fan of VX5s and VX6s from Leupy.

I have one and loosely mounted it on my CZ550. Fit fine and no problems with eye relief. I was using medium CZ rings. I took it off because I don't care for 30mm tube scopes. I never even tightened the rings. Too bulky for my tastes but I'm definitely in the minority. It's been in my safe ever since. If you want an essentially BNIB VX5 2-10x42 CDS I'll make you a deal. I still have the certificate for the CDS turret. PM if interested.

I have one and loosely mounted it on my CZ550. Fit fine and no problems with eye relief. I was using medium CZ rings. I took it off because I don't care for 30mm tube scopes. I never even tightened the rings. Too bulky for my tastes but I'm definitely in the minority. It's been in my safe ever since. If you want an essentially BNIB VX5 2-10x42 CDS I'll make you a deal. I still have the certificate for the CDS turret. PM if interested.
Pm sent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!