Voere Shikar rifle

I know a little about Voere. From reading, it was split into two companies after WW2. One in Germany and the other in Austria. The Austria company is still making guns. The German one was merged into Mauser. In the USA most German Voere’s were labeled at Kleingunther. A Kleingunther when I was in high school was my dream gun, super accurate. Most of the German Voere’s labeled as Voere and not Kleingunther were brought back by military stationed in Germany. Hope that helps.

It does help, thank you! All of my firearms are completely utilitarian, in other words mostly composite stocks and calibers for a specific hunt. This has allowed me in the past to justify a use for every gun I've purchased. The problem is- I now have every gun caliber that I can ever justify/ need. I love going to gun shows and stores and looking, but I can't think of a reason to every purchase another, which kind of saddens me. I'm not sure what is was that caught my eye- probably a combination of being an unusual manufacturer, a caliber I don't have,( my .308 or .300 win mag cover everything in this range)and being prettier than any in the current arsenal.

Here is voere link.

They still have - and today this is rare, production of mauser 98 hunting rifles, on budget prices.
I contacted them this summer, being inerested to get mauser rifle in DG caliber for good price.

Unfortunately, they do not produce in 375 HH, their mauser rifles, they only produce up to 9.3 mm calibers.
Models no. 2155 and 2166 would be their mauser 98 types of rifles.
The feedback that I had from friends is not always positive, on fit and finish, but I had following experience with one of their rifles.

One of my close hunting friends have voere mauser rifle, quite used, 8mm.
The trigger was rough, he replaced it with timney trigger. This upgraded the rifle quite. I borrowed this rifle few times for hunt, and tested at range. My experience is that it is robust working rifle, usable. 4 rounds in magazine, and this one was with militaty barrel, and milittary iron sights so it is some older model, not one of those newer 2155, 2156. Most probably it was some sporterised 98k, or similar.
Generally, in overall quality you can compare it in basic design and quality with, zastava m70, for example.

Higher end hunting models, non mauser 98 type, I have never tried.
Long range line of rifles looks interesting, in the price range of SAKO TRG, and AI.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 11.23.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 11.23.35 AM.png
    923.2 KB · Views: 313
A little more information:

Kleinguenther, Inc began importing rifles and rifle actions in 1972 from Voere in Germany were they would often improve the rifle including adding a stock with their special beading allowing them to guarantee 1/2 MOA with all of their guns. The original Kleinguenther rifle was called the Shikar and was known as the poor man's Weatherby. In 1972 the Shikar model was improved and built to spec for Kleinguenther and that model became known as the K-14. The K-14 has a magazine hidden under the floor plate/trigger guard and the safety is located on the back of the bolt. The K-14 was replaced in 1975 by the K-15 Insta-fire, has the safety located on the right side of the action and has a floor plate with the magazine located under it. The K-15 Insta-fire was later improved after Voere sold off their assets in bankruptcy to Mauser who redesigned the floor plate making the magazine accessible without opening the floor plate; this model was named the K-15 Improved and was also known as the Titan II.

Most stocks are the original versions sent to Kleinguenther from Voere and vary from high polish to hand rubbed oil finish. Most of the highly polished stocks are on the K-14 and early K-15 models. Later versions of the K-15 models mostly have a matte finish or hand rubbed oil finish. Barreled actions were imported and given the Kleinguenther treatment and were available with fiberglass and custom stocks from Reinhart Fajen in various configurations including thumbhole stocks. Normally you can tell if you have a Reinhart Fajen stock by looking at the recoil pins in the stock. If the recoil pins screwed into the stock are flat and not rounded over, you probably have a Reinhart Fajen stock. Just because it might have a Reinhart Fajen stock does not necessarily mean it is worth more money, it all depends on the style and finish. As with all Kleinguenther rifles, condition is EVERYTHING!

Shikar, K-14, K-15 Insta-Fire, K-15 Improved and Titan II models were available in the following calibers: 243, 25-06, 257 Weatherby Mag., 270 Winchester, 270 Weatherby Mag., 7x 57, 7mm Mag., 308, 30-06, 300 Winchester Mag., 300 Weatherby Mag., 338 Winchester Mag., 375 H&H, 308 Norma Mag., 340 Weathereby Mag., 411 KDF, 416 Remington Mag. & 458 Winchester Mag. There were a few left handed models produced but not in all calibers. There are other various calibers that were made to order but most odd calibers were probably altered once they left Kleinguenther. If you are missing a magazine for a K-14, or K-15 Instafire, they are VERY difficult to find. When we have them, they are very expensive because they are expensive for us to obtain. Do not lose your magazine since they are next to impossible to find!

Not all calibers were available with every model. There was also the K-12, K-13 & K-22, which are very nice .22 rifles. Besides rifles, there were also shotguns made by Zoli and various other customized rifles produced by Kleinguenther.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 11.24.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 11.24.29 AM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 294
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 11.24.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 11.24.30 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 359
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 11.24.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 11.24.32 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 268
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 11.24.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 11.24.33 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 313
From another forum:

Stuart Otteson's 2-volume book entitled, "The Bolt Action" has information on these fine rifles favored by both collectors and hunters. Vol 2 is where both the K-14 and K-15 rifles are dissected and a full report given, including a detailed history. KDF was incorporated in 1970 in Seguin, TX after Bob Kleinguenther convinced Voere in Vohrenenbach, Germany that their rifle model, the Shikar, was not going to be successful and that both he and they should set about designing a new rifle to be marketed by KDF in the U.S. In 1972, the design was approve and sent to production with a model number of K-14 for Kleinguenther project number 14. In Europe, it was referred to as M2145. About 7,000 rifles were produced between 1973 and 1977 with final sales taking place as late as 1978. Robert Kleinguenther's years as a chief designer and engineer for Weatherby are apparent in his designs. The K-15 followed.

The K-15’s stellite bolt is a unique balanced three lug design later copied by many, including Mauser 225 and 03, Sako 75- 85 and the Thompson/Center ICON. The action is as smooth as a silk scarf sliding off polished marble. This rifle utilizes a version of the drop box magazine and comes with the original magazine box that feeds like it has eyes. It has an excellent adjustable trigger which also functions as a bolt stop/release. With the rifle completely unloaded, open the bolt and pull back on the trigger which lowers a plunger type stop that rides in a slot in the bolt. The bolt can then be fully removed. The stock has a Monte-Carlo cheek piece and rosewood with white spacers at the forend tip and pistol grip cap.

From another forum:

Stuart Otteson's 2-volume book entitled, "The Bolt Action" has information on these fine rifles favored by both collectors and hunters. Vol 2 is where both the K-14 and K-15 rifles are dissected and a full report given, including a detailed history. KDF was incorporated in 1970 in Seguin, TX after Bob Kleinguenther convinced Voere in Vohrenenbach, Germany that their rifle model, the Shikar, was not going to be successful and that both he and they should set about designing a new rifle to be marketed by KDF in the U.S. In 1972, the design was approve and sent to production with a model number of K-14 for Kleinguenther project number 14. In Europe, it was referred to as M2145. About 7,000 rifles were produced between 1973 and 1977 with final sales taking place as late as 1978. Robert Kleinguenther's years as a chief designer and engineer for Weatherby are apparent in his designs. The K-15 followed.

The K-15’s stellite bolt is a unique balanced three lug design later copied by many, including Mauser 225 and 03, Sako 75- 85 and the Thompson/Center ICON. The action is as smooth as a silk scarf sliding off polished marble. This rifle utilizes a version of the drop box magazine and comes with the original magazine box that feeds like it has eyes. It has an excellent adjustable trigger which also functions as a bolt stop/release. With the rifle completely unloaded, open the bolt and pull back on the trigger which lowers a plunger type stop that rides in a slot in the bolt. The bolt can then be fully removed. The stock has a Monte-Carlo cheek piece and rosewood with white spacers at the forend tip and pistol grip cap.
@wesheltonj
Voere made a lovely little semi auto 22 that was very accurate and mad a great bunny gun.@ Poton Kahn has the same model I had and I'm sure he will atest to the usefulness of the gun.
20201129_084638.jpg
20201129_084618.jpg

Bob

Wow, thank you so much for all of the information, that is one of the many things I love about this site- you can get great info/advice on so many different topics! After reading through all this ,I went back and looked at the gun. I found enough issues that I passed on it.

wipartimer, I'm not sure of whether I envy or feel sorry for you. Not being able to see or justify the need for another rifle is most certainly an affliction in search of a cure. Procuring a new rifle for a "Dream Hunt" could be the only way out of your dilemma. If all else fails, there are firearms for kids and grandkids to consider. LOL Hopefully there is a Dr. or "Shrink" on AH that can properly diagnose your problem and prescribe a suitable cure.

@wipertimer all the Voere talk is making me want a Kleingunther in 7mm again.

It was a smart move to pass on the Shikar. You should look for a K15 or Titan II. Just to let you know, Kleingunther continued to make guns on Voere after he sold his business. The new ones were marked Placer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShoshanaHe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross