Honeybadger

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
North American Hunting Club Life Member, National Rifle Association Life Member
Hunted
USA
Hey guys..........I know this is a small caliber rifle............but I figure there might be a few varmint hunters out there looking for a new toy!

For Sale: I am listing for sale my Vintage Remington VSSFP (Varmint, Synthetic, Stainless, Fluted, Ported) chambered in 22-250 Remington. I purchased this rifle NEW about 16 years ago, and I have been the only owner. The gun features a Hand Laid HS Precision Stock with a full length aluminum bedding block, and is black with a grey spider web pattern. Other features of the rifle include a heavy gauge fluted target barrel as well as the original OLD STYLE target trigger that Remington used to use in their target guns............you can't get these anymore. That being said, the rifle itself has been discontinued. A similar model, the VSSF is still available, however this model........the VSSFP, with the porting, was only made for a very short time......and is no longer produced. I topped the rifle with a Leupold 8.5X25 target scope.......it features the fine plex........the scope alone was $900 and change 16 years ago. The rifle has been fired very little, and is absolutely MINT. I put the gun through a very strict break in phase..........cleaning the gun after every shot, then after every three, and so on and so forth, until the break in period was completed. After that, I fired the gun on the target range only a handful of times........and took it hunting twice.......other than that, it has been a safe queen. The total number of rounds fired is under 100........so it has plenty of life left in it for many hunts to come. I am asking $2,000 CASH for the rifle and scope together, and I will not sell them separately. I have well over $2,000 in the package.......as this rifle cost around $1,600 back in the day, add in the Leupold Mounts, as well as the 8.5X25 Scope, and you are looking at around $2,700 or so..............you could not even begin to purchase a Rifle/Scope combo of this quality today for my asking price of $2000. For those of you who know and appreciate the quality of the OLDER Remington firearms........then you know what you are looking at. If you are interested..........please let me know.

IMG_1126.JPG IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1128.JPG

I had that very same gun..... Complete & utter tack driver!!! Dropped countless whitetail does. Kicking myself for selling.... Let me stew on it...

Sounds good BWH...........................just let me know what you decide. And you're right, they are utter tack drivers...................I do all my own reloading, and it's totally amazing the groups I was able to achieve with this gun during the break in process.................I will be sad to see it go, but whoever gets it will be glad to add it to their collection, of that I am sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profibrahim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you