Lifetime bronze benefactor
Platinum supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
In 2024 I want to take a side trip after my safari to Victoria Falls. While I will want to do tea at the Victoria Falls hotel I’m not sure that is the hotel to stay at given their high prices to get the true Africa feel. Where is the best place to stay given this please?

Stanley and Livingston.

In 2024 I want to take a side trip after my safari to Victoria Falls. While I will want to do tea at the Victoria Falls hotel I’m not sure that is the hotel to stay at given their high prices to get the true Africa feel. Where is the best place to stay given this please?
My wife and I stayed at A'Zambezi Lodge. It was a nice place on the river. Wart hogs and birds came onto the grounds and we could hear the hippos in the river.

Otherwise, call Jennifer at a Travel Express. She's full of good ideas.

I've been to Vic Falls a number of times, I generally stay at the Kingdom Hotel, it is the closest to the falls. It is a short walk up the hill to the Victoria Hotel, eating lunch on their patio is very nice. If you go to the Victoria Hotel to eat, be sure to walk around the interior, lots of great artwork, and the grounds are lovely too. I think part of what you want to decide is do you want to stay in a lodge a little bit 'out of town', or stay in town where you can walk around. I will tell you, right smack in the middle of town you can see warthogs and elephant dung, elephants truly do walk around that town at night sometimes!!

Stayed at Ilala Lodge in Dec 22 and really enjoyed. Great location, food, bar and service. Just a block from great bar and restaurant called The Three Monkeys. Easy to get to Falls and Curio Market.
IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0267.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

+1 on the Stanley and Livingston

We have our hunters stay at the “Bayette lodge” quiet inexpensive and gun safe.

Any preference to the Zambia side or the zim side?
In livingstone there are a number of hotels and restaurants.
mine hotel has direct access from its grounds to the falls. There are a number of very nice places up river from the falls that I’ve stayed at previously.

Islands of Siankaba is very nice.
Tongabezi
The royal livingstone
Avani Victoria falls

just a few to lookup if you’re keen.

+1 Ilala Lodge, we enjoyed it last year, spent 2 days. I could live without being bombarded by peddlers every time we walked down the street, they shoudl really do something about that, it was truly annoying. We tried to be polite but I was about ready lose my shit after a while. Once you get on any hotel grounds or in the restaurants no problems. Do the river tour and be sure to eat at the gorge restaurant....can't remember the name of it.

You have a range of accommodations in VF. From the low end N1 to the high end VF Hotel. I’ve stayed at the Kingdom hotel. It’s a nice place but unfortunately it’s now closed. A good resource is: https://www.victoriafalls-guide.net

Are you wanting to stay on the Zim or Zam side? We stayed on the Zam side at the Royal Livingstone and it was quite nice.

If I go back, I want to stay on the Zim side, just for another perspective of the falls.

What time of year are you planning to go to Vic Falls. Timing makes a big difference on the water flow coming over the falls.

STAYED 3X AT THE KINGDOM HOTEL. HOPE THEY REOPEN FOR NEXT YEAR.

Ilala Lodge if you want to stay put in town is nice, but yes when you walk around town expect to be hounded by touts.
I prefer staying a little out of town at the Safari Lodge, great accommodation and a view over their own water hole. There is a bus that goes into town every hour, but then you come back to a remote paradise.

You have a range of accommodations in VF. From the low end N1 to the high end VF Hotel. I’ve stayed at the Kingdom hotel. It’s a nice place but unfortunately it’s now closed. A good resource is: https://www.victoriafalls-guide.net
Thanks for this info, I've stayed there a number of times and was planning on staying there next March, obviously, that is no longer an option!!

Spent some time at Gorges Lodge on the river. Beautiful place with stunning vistas. About a 30 minute drive into town, though. They arranged all transportation, of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross