Vetpaw

Zack Young

AH member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am a U.S. military veteran (I was a FMF Corpsman) and looking to join Vetpaw which is a veteran run organization with promotes and conducts ant-poaching operations throughout Africa and trains game rangers in patrolling, marksmanship, and field medicine (my field). I was wondering if anyone had any experience, interaction, or knowledge with these people. The only info I have is there website and I don't want to join an organization that realistically does more harm than good.
the website is http://vetpaw.org, any and all comments and info welcome

Hi Zack

Just my two cents from experience in the reserves we hunt in South Africa.

In majority of the reserves that we operate in and an external anti-poaching company (profit or non-profit) is used, there tents to be poaching.

Those that tent to run internal anti-poaching patrols with full time employees tend have less to no poaching.

Now, I am not against the training of anti-poaching to those that can benefit from the type of skill transfer from a military veteran like yourself can offer, I am against the external anti-poaching companies that offer anti-poaching services.

Due to the nature of this thread, I can’t disclose the names where we see external vs internal.

I am sure you will get a mixture of answers and reactions from various people, mine is just based on our experience.

Looking forward to seeing other responses to your question.

Regards,
Adriaan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg