Verney-Carron Impact NT in the US?

C. Stockwell

Reaction score
Hi all:

I have some questions about the Verney-Carron Impact NT series of semi-auto rifles. This seems to be the best place to ask because of Verney-Carron's line of safari rifles and high end shotguns. I am in the US and considering purchasing one of the Impact NTs early next year.

First, does anyone here own an Impact NT? If so, what are your thoughts on the rifle? The videos and reviews that I've seen portrayed the rifle as accurate and reliable. Second, does KEBCO import the Impact NT into the US? KEBCO does have an online catalog, but its from 2015. Third and finally, I noticed on Verney-Carron's website that they have an export version of the Impact NT that accepts two and five round magazines. Where would I be able to find one of these export versions, or would I have to order one directly from Verney-Carron?

I am interested in either the Karbon, Classic, or Classic Thumbhole in 7x64 with muzzle threading. Looks like Verney-Carron offers a muzzle threading, fluting, and brake package for 55cm (21.65") barrels for 350 Euro. Alternatively, I wouldn't say no to a 47cm, 18.5" .30-06, but threading and fluting do not seem to be an option on the 47cm barrels. I also notice that Verney-Carron offers options such as adjustable (or wood) combs and buttpads. I am curious if, with the wood combs, Verney-Carron also offers scope mounting services to ensure proper cheek weld.

Thanks in advance!

If I were to buy a semi auto rifle for big game hunting, I would take a hard look at the Benelli R1. It is now chambered in .338 WM.

Wow. Look at that quarter rib design! That is revolutionary. All in all it looks like a Remington 7400 met something from Winchester, but I'd definitely enjoy having one.

If I were to buy a semi auto rifle for big game hunting, I would take a hard look at the Benelli R1. It is now chambered in .338 WM.

Which African countries allow semi-auto rifles to be imported for hunting?

Which African countries allow semi-auto rifles to be imported for hunting?
Tanks,
I’m guessing none? Except maybe Kenya when it opens up again for hunting? Ha! Ha! But, same as in many other countries, where only law enforcement, poachers, other criminals and terrorists possess them with virtually no fear of the consequences. But, although I’ve never owned a semi auto for big game hunting, I have hunted with a couple of guys in Colorado and Wyoming who had Remington 7400s(?) in .308s and my good friend who hunts with his Browning BAR in .300WM. Other than the felt reduced recoil effect, I personally don’t really see an advantage to hunting with one, but I also don’t see why hunters in the countries which ban them won’t allow them? They have small magazine capacities and for older or disabled hunters, they may be what they need to be able to hunt. I met a disabled hunter while black bear hunting once. He had a semi auto Remington which allowed him to hunt, because his right hand was crippled and he could not work a bolt or lever consistently. He told me that once he chambered the first round in his Remington with his left hand, he was good for the rest of his hunting day. But, if the OP who started this thread wants a semi auto, the R1 Benelli may work well for him at a reasonable price? Hey Tanks, speaking of reduced recoil effects, when will I get to shoot your MDM and/or B&M? I’ll pay for the ammo.
CEH

Wow. Look at that quarter rib design! That is revolutionary. All in all it looks like a Remington 7400 met something from Winchester, but I'd definitely enjoy having one.
Yes it’s nice Forrest, but you’ll probably need to stick with a BAR or Garand for your semi auto .458WM build?

I guess it’s not surprising that a French gunmaker would build a semiautomatic hog/boar gun. I saw the video in French discussing their carbine. I gather they expect to sell those for driven boar hunts. The magazine design is certainly different. I don’t think it would be a big seller in the USA. Most hog hunters here want a “modern sporting firearm” to hunt hogs. Good luck on your search for one. As a side note, personally if I was going to purchase a semiautomatic long arm, it would be the Browning.

Yes it’s nice Forrest, but you’ll probably need to stick with a BAR or Garand for your semi auto .458WM build?
I was actually looking at it from a shootable caliber perspective. I like it. Don't know what it costs, but I sure do like the thought that has gone into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,