Vegetarian/Vegan Hunters

tigris115

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Yes I know that's like a black Klansmen or a gay guy joining the Westboro Baptist Church but I'm still curious about whether this minority even exists.

Bout the only thing they're gunna hunt is some latte from Starbucks.

There`s a vegan hunter on another hunting forum. Read a whole thread about this. Fascinating. Even though I don`t understand his choice his not bunny hugger. I can respect that :D

Last edited by a moderator:
There`s a vegan hunter on another hunting forum. Read a whole thread about this. Fascinating. Even though I don`t understand his choice his not bunny hugger. I can respect that :D

a vegan wont even wear shoes with leather or a belt with same, no animal products at all, some of them think honey and insect products are a no no......... so what does he do with the animal when he has hunted it, as they are against the use/utilisation of any animal product be it foodwise or after products from hide etc?

Spike: I wrote the wrong word here. Vegetarian. He doesn`t eat meat himself, but the meat get`s eaten by family and friends as far as I can remember.

ok thought it was a bit weird :) mind you i know some "vegetarians" who eat fish and chicken...................

Those are weekend Vegetarians.

There are some times I don`t eat meat, mostly in night time while sleeping. You could still bet a dollar that I am dreaming about bacon or steak ;)

Well, ya gotta give her credit for trying! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Check out this video

IdaRam, liked the video, what red blooded male wouldn't?

Yes I know that's like a black Klansmen or a gay guy joining the Westboro Baptist Church but I'm still curious about whether this minority even exists.

Not necessarily. There are different types of vegans. One type is your typical animal rights bunny hugger who is a vegan because they love animals. These guys can be pretty whacko as others have mentioned they won't wear leather or use any animal derived products etc...

At the same time you also have a second category of vegans who are such for health reasons they might think meat is unhealthy or maybe their body doesn't react well to it- they have digestion problems or something along those lines, they are on some diet etc... How much of this is scientifically true and how much is bs I don't know but regardless they are vegan for this reason. Others might not simply like the taste of meat. I don't see anything overly hypocritical about this second group of vegans being hunters but the first category would indeed be like a black Klansman etc...

Hey Dragan, My daughter is an avid hunter and eats very little meat. She's not a vegetarian by choice, though.
If she eats much beef or pork, she always gets diarrhea and cramping.
She eats some chicken and any fish/seafood.
The only mammal meat she can eat her fill of without intestinal issues, though, is venison.

It may be the fat content doing it to her or the chemicals in meats, idk, but I know firsthand what it does to her.

I have a buddy who wouldn't take meat on a trip. He only brought fixins for a meal. A real hunter only ate the meat that he killed ... if he didn't kill it, he didn't eat it. I think he was a vegetarian hunter on a few trips!!

It would be pretty interesting to talk to a vegan/vegetarian hunter, though I doubt we could find one who is a vegan/vegetarian because of personal morals and not dietary restrictions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg