Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Good day members

As always when I need advice I turn to you, the good members of this great forum...please, give me advice on to purchase or not for the use on Ruan`s .308/7.62 Israeli Mauser this Vector Optics 6x25x50 rifle scope?

It will be his first scope with high magnification...he will hunt with it...longer distances up to 350 meters...

Please feel free to give disadvantages as well....

Regards

Gert

Vector Optics is a no name brand, I would avoid them. Inexpensive but reasonable scopes like Vortex, Burris and some Bushnell will get you a real warranty and reliable optics.

Up to 350 M doesn't require a scope over 10X but if you want more magnification I like the Burris 4.5X14X42. In reality a 2X10X40 is all you need for most hunting and trying to quickly find an animal in a high power scope is a recipe for a lost animal

I agree that a better name brand is a better option. Likely much better glass. For ranges up to 350 meters I would suggest up to a 18X. More is not always better. You can certainly make do just fine with a 14X at the top end. Sometimes the bottom end is really important too. If ever taken into the brush it's nice to get down to 4X. Compare some of the various ethnic optics available to you. Lots of good ones out there at great price points. Bruce

Gentleman , thank you kindly, the replies are much appreciated. Maybe I should keep in mind " only a rich man can afford a cheap scope"
I will look around for a better option.
Gert

VORTEX is a better option..

Bruce, you will not believe how expensive scopes( good quality) has become with our South African rand taking the plunge.....:mad:;)

Bruce, you will not believe how expensive scopes( good quality) has become with our South African rand taking the plunge.....:mad:;)
I surely do... I own a gun shop and sell scopes !! Contact me on brusonn@hotmail.com maybe we can work a better deal for you?

Bruce, I will contact you..I noticed an announcement about the petrol /diesel price that is to take an increase of at least 89 cents per liter within the next price increase...and more to follow within the following months...:mad::(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross