Contributor
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.africanindaba.co.za
Media
Articles
Member of
CIC, Rowland Ward, B&C, DSC, German Hunting Association, KZN Hunting Association, Wild Sheep Foundation
Hunted
Western US, Western Canada, Alaska, Colombia, Tajikistan, Russian Federation, China, Iran, Austria, Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, UK, Indonesia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Congo, Tanzania, Uganda, Botswana, Namibia
Vanishing Wildlife Corridors in Tanzania

One of the biggest challenges for big African wildlife like lions, elephants, and buffalo is movement across native habitat that is increasingly being encroached on by humans. Vanishing Wildlife Corridors in Tanzania are the subject of a new study released in 2012 by a group of researchers. Find attached the complete text Vanishing wildlife corridors and options for restoration: a case study from Tanzania. Tropical Conservation Science Vol. 5(4):463-474.

Attachments

• Vanishing-Wildlife-Corridors-in-Tanzania.pdf
    994.3 KB · Views: 120
The western side of the Serengeti has higher levels of illegal hunting because of the increased human population density. Researcher estimate (see mongabay.com's open-access Tropical Conversation Science) that 52,000 to 60,000 illegal hunters presently live within 45 km west of the Greater Serengeti Ecosystem. Poachers use wire snares to target large herbivores, but unselective harvesting is prevalent and many carnivores such as lions and leopards are killed; pit traps, dogs, spotlighting, and bow and arrows are also used. Poverty seems to be the driving force and as human population densities continue to grow, it is unlikely that poaching will subside, if no alternatives are offered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois