Van Ingen Bangal Tiger Taxidermy Head

Amandalong

Reaction score
Media
Hi everyone , we've inherited this piece and want more information other then being identified as a Van Ingen Taxidermy piece I have no other information.
Any help would be great for value etc.
TIA

Front Profile 2  - Copy.jpg
Side Profile 1 - Copy.jpg
Side Profile 2 - Copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what information you looking for or can expect from some photos of a tigers shoulder mount........another thread

There are a ton of people that will buy them. If you can get $500 for it you did fine, as it is heavily bleached by age and the sun and damaged.

There are taxidermy companies that do repairs, and if you are going to keep it I would consider doing that. They could bring it up to most of it's former glory. Might cost $500 to get it cleaned and airbrushed. A complete remount would be $2000-2750.

It might fetch $2000-5000 at an auction in current condition.

Top condition ones could go for over $15,000.

You could try it at Rock Island's gun auction.

There are stores specializing in Taxidermy in Texas and there is one in Jackson, Wyoming.

If this is in the United States you could contact the Federal Fish and Wildlife Service to ensure that you have what you need to sell it. Local wildlife agencies in other countries would know the same.

I don’t know anything about values, but I do know there are some pretty serious laws in the US, and probably other places too, regarding the sale of endangered species, especially across state lines.

Before you advertise the thing for sale make sure to get competent advice about the legality of any such transaction.

Geez - a few years ago (5?) I was in a curio shop in Vancouver BC, and they had a full mount of a large tiger that was in good shape and nicely done. The asking price was CA $2500. I am still kicking my ass for not buying that thing.

When I lived in Washington state on Whidbey Island there was a BC taxidermist offering a big Siberian skin for $850 and $2000 if you wanted it tanned, felted and the head mounted. I wonder if it was the same cat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg