Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, Romania, United States (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California and Wyoming)
I found a little over 200 pieces of 404 Jeff brass for sale at a local gun store. It is marked "HDS" and I have never heard of this brand. Is the brass any good and what is its value?
20230310_145051.jpg

Huntington Die Specialties.

Not sure who they had make it for them. Given the scarcity - in high demand!

Asking $60 for the box of 20. I count over 10 boxes.

I don't shoot a 404 J. If someone needs it, let me know and perhaps I can secure it for you.

As much as I'd like to buy them just to hoard for any future rifles that may come up, I'm sure there are some current owners who will jump on them

Thanks fellers for the input.
Randy.

PM sent. I’d like some if you’re able to get them. Thanks

I bought the lot and it's available to AH members. $60 per box of 20 plus shipping. At the moment, I believe I have 7 boxes left.

Received

At this moment. I have all boxes sold pending payment. I will post here if someone backs out.
Randy

@baxterb thanks man
I've been watching folks beg for this stuff and had seen it on the shelf of this little gun store. I don't have a 404J and was afraid of getting stuck if I bought it. Well it went in 3 hours. Glad I was able to help 3 of our AH family.

@baxterb thanks man
I've been watching folks beg for this stuff and had seen it on the shelf of this little gun store. I don't have a 404J and was afraid of getting stuck if I bought it. Well it went in 3 hours. Glad I was able to help 3 of our AH family.
Very good thing to do. Thank you even though I missed it.
Krish

@krish
Wish I had a little more to spread around.

@krish
Wish I had a little more to spread around.
Not a problem. I have quit a few. I am also in the process of 404j's getting built. At that time I may need some brass to go with them.. Hoping brass will be back in the market by then.
Krish

Primers!...... that's what scares me the most. I've been reloading the last few days and breaking into a new sleeve of primers made me gasp for air.

Allegedly Hornady will be making 404J again this summer. That’s what Steve told me at DSC and later confirmed by Chris at Heym. Will see what comes of it.

HH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross