Value of shipment

artschool

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
who decides the value of a shipment of skull mounts? the shipping company is saying its the taxidermy invoice but that seems incorrect to me.

On my shipment it was decided by the dip and pack company in Port Elizabeth that declared the value of my trophies.

Now if you place a higher value on them such as the whole cost of your safari then you should let them know so that they can price it out accordingly.

no. I value it much lower but they seem to want to use the taxidermy invoice.

it just doesn't make sense to me.

The taxidermy is a fair market value. You paid for a service that the price that you paid was what they valued it at.

no. I value it much lower but they seem to want to use the taxidermy invoice.

it just doesn't make sense to me.

What is your actual concern?
Shipping cost is not based on value of the contents, typically.
Insurance cost?
Replacement cost?
Taxes upon arrival?

I'm confused, hence my questions.

The only real value of any of the trophies is sentimental.

What is your actual concern?
Shipping cost is not based on value of the contents, typically.
Insurance cost?
Replacement cost?
Taxes upon arrival?

I'm confused, hence my questions.

The only real value of any of the trophies is sentimental.

Are you required to pay taxes on the value of your shipment when you import it?

Depends on the country. Declared value is typically what taxes are based on here. The taxidermy invoice would certainly be used.

Depends on the country. Declared value is typically what taxes are based on here. The taxidermy invoice would certainly be used.

Ok because the quotes I received for shipping (just got back from the hunt) were way more than what I am paying for taxidermy.

Typically, Shipping costs from another country will not be taxable.

I don’t know Alaska’s tax law. In Canada we have a national sales tax. After exemptions we are taxed on the declared value of the trophies (taxidermy invoice). and in some cases the trophy fees paid (due to the government forms declaring those values on official documents ).

When i was at the customs about to pay my taxes (Canadian) they asked me the value and i said "priceless" then quickly realized i was about to be taxed on that lol, quickly went with the taxidermy invoice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daneski43

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber