Vaal Rhebok hunting

Thanks for the suggestions, my workout will definitely include hills, stairs, anything with an incline. I want to drop 15 lbs at least and be in the best shape possible. As I age, the desire to shoot dangerous game (Big 5) is waning, as a kid I read Ruark almost daily with dreams of Africa. Now I've found my love (Eastern Cape) and that is where I'll concentrate my hunting. Red duiker and Suni will be on the list in the future, I'm keeping the next hunt list short so I can explore S.A. a bit more without pressures of always being "on the hunt". And I still haven't seen my Cape cobra yet, either.

I forgot to add, I am also going to find some boots that will be more comfortable and quiet than the Irish Setter bird hunting boots I've hunted in for my first two trips to South Africa.

And my outfitter is Mike Birch.

Great the Eastern Cape is beautiful, they have good Blue Duiker there, so if you chance upon one just mention to mike that you may be interested, Im a snake fanatic, i live in KwaZulu-Natal so no cape cobras here, but ill post some of my pics of me with Black Mambas and Mozambique Spitting Cobras soon, keep a look out on the forums.
have a great hunt and an awesome time in this wonderful country of ours..

I wear Blundstones they an awesome boot from Australia, but are readily available in the States. check them out on Blundstone :: Boots, Footwear & Accessories (Socks, Bootguards, Polish, Belts, Footbeds, etc) the style i recomend is the #550 very light and comfy they mold to your foot.

Good luck.
After looking more closely at those slopes I am thinking some stiff ankle support will be on my list for boot specs.

Here is the last set of hunters that hunted Vaal Rhebuck with us this year. One of our very own AH members, huntsolo101, hunted with us
during May of this year. His friend took these two Vaal Rhebuck during the first afternoon session and the second ram was taken
the very next morning. We found huntsolo101's ram a couple of days after he left, so no photos, but he will be in the crate with the
rest of his animals.

Ram 1

P1020698.jpg

Ram 2

P1020735.jpg

Take Care,

Marius Goosen

Attachments

• P1020698.jpg
    P1020698.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 106
  • P1020735.jpg
    P1020735.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 94
Marius, nice rams. I think you might just have hooked Brickburn with those!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathrinMcG

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!