Using a Southern Impala Cape on a East African Impala

Sarg

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
New Zealand - Australia - Sumatra - Kenya - Zimbabwe - Namibia - South Africa - Botswana - Alaska - Nevada - Hokkaido - Greenland - New Caledonia
What are the thoughts on using a Southern Impala Head Skin/Cape on a Old set of East African Impala horns ?

I have a Big set of EA Impala horns & no way of getting a Cape now days & was wondering what might people here think on using a common SA Cape ?

I have seen a lot of them & the body size looked very close, the last trip to Kenya, I was looking at SA the day before & next day looking at EA Impala, Wart Hog & Baboon, all three looked slightly different (later I saw the Baboon was a different species lol) the EA was maybe a little different in colour, ever so slightly more Orange but dam close.

Same. I can’t perceive many would notice the difference. I know I would not.

Find a super young, like year and a half old southern Impala ram cape so the east African horns look even bigger haha.

Thanks guys, yes I think so to, I'll pick one up next time I'm there .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross