USDA inspection timeline

RStien321

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I have a dip and pack shipment that has cleared USFWS and has to go through USDA inspection in New York. I was curious how long this takes for most people?

Coppersmith clears many of my clients shipments thru USDA and USFW in 5-7 days thru Chicago . Unknown how backed up New York is. Have had clients clear there and took a few weeks last time.

DFW has been waaaaaay slow lately but New York has had the last few shipments I received in two days. Been about a month since I got the last one though.

Usually 2-3 weeks from my past hunts.

How long is Houston taking. My animals have been there a week already...

DFW has been waaaaaay slow lately but New York has had the last few shipments I received in two days. Been about a month since I got the last one though.
Don’t tell me that! My stuff just got to DFW this week.

Now we have been sitting in Chicago for 8 days so far. They say it is a code 2H, which means USDA inspection. Now multiply this with the CV19 factor. I hope the trophies are in climate control facilities.
any idea on extra charges concerning this?

Since I work in a Fedex facility I get to know a few things. 2H is the agriculture inspection hold code for CBP Agriculture inspection. CBP Agriculture does the USDA inspections. Same uniform as a CBP officer, different job. Anyway, it will be in a warehouse. How climate controlled is up to the warehouse. But it's probably as controlled if not more climate controlled than the ones in South Africa it was in. Eight days is long, seems to me something might be going on. Is their a baboon in the shipment? Then CDC would have to look it over. Just a guess. Hang in there.

Thanks, We have a zebra hide with head, gold wildebeast shoulder, gemsbok shoulder, impala European and a sable shoulder Mounts.
We had Limcroma’s taxidermist which is very good. Better than any taxidermist that we have used here in the US.

Fully finished heads are an easy inspection, so I don't know why it is taking long.

Just got a message from my broker. Just came off of hold. Now it has to travel to Memphis, F&W insp and we get to finally see our heads. I am excited, since they did not find my gemsbok while we were there. So I have only got videos. They eventually found it, since it split off immediately and they were looking farther away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg