USA: Wyoming Moose & Deer Hunt

Thanks for all of the well wishes. I hope that Oct provides a chance at a mature bull moose. L love the country over there. A fellow really needs horses or young legs to take advantage of hunting there.
Bullthrower 338 would love to meet you anytime you get to the area.
Bruce

Thanks for all of the well wishes. I hope that Oct provides a chance at a mature bull moose. L love the country over there. A fellow really needs horses or young legs to take advantage of hunting there.
Bullthrower 338 would love to meet you anytime you get to the area.
Bruce
We will have another project start up there in December and will get a hold of you, I have been wanting to try the chop house but always end up at the prime rib, old habits are hard to break I guess. Lol. I plan on bringing my 220 Swift and doing a bit of coyote hunting down by the Powder. If you have time you are more than welcome to join me. I will be in touch.
Cheers,
Cody

Wow! I thought you were going back after elk! Man your moose season is really long! Awesome!

Moose season is Sept15-Oct31 in this unit. Only 15 permits in this area. 25 yrs ago they issued over 100. At least they give you a chance to connect. For the most part it takes at least 12 pref points to draw this unit.
Cody I'd love to take you to dinner. The closer it is to Christmas the harder it is for me to get away to hunt coyotes. We try to make expenses most of the year but the profit is in the Christmas season....... So we'll have to see when you get here.
Bruce

Congratulations on the Mulie and wish you luck for the second try at Moose in October!

Thanks for the report and the photos of the scenery are awesome. Congrats on a great buck! I've been taking my wife bowhunting moose steady and we've only seen one large bull and could not call him in to bow range for her. Will be back at it Fri. - Mon. of this week.

Bruce that's a really nice mule deer! @gillettehunter , I will be hunting unit 27. Not many permits, I had 18 years of preference points. The moose hunting has been going downhill ever since they introduced those wolves. The preference point fees are getting out of hand...…….

enysse I wish you the best on your moose hunt. I hope you get a good one. Perhaps my luck will change here in 2 weeks....
Jeff good luck on getting that big bull in range for your wife. Hope it works out.
Bruce

Congrats on a nice mulie!

Looks like a great hunt. How many points did the unit take to draw a mule deer tag?

Great report Bruce, thank you for sharing. Best of luck in round 2 with the moose. Hope you find a big one!

Nice mulie Bruce!

As a resident of Wyoming its a general license. For non-residents they have to apply for a region. I believe its G or H. They hunt both regions. Looks like you can draw with 3 preference points for H.
Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg