Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
A couple of pics of my wife's Kentucky buck from earlier this week... We had pretty good weather and decent deer movement in spite of the largest full moon in 70 years. My wife shot this nice 10pt. on the second evening, and another hunter in camp shot another very respectable 10pt. on the first day. Everyone in camp was seeing shooter bucks, and I passed on a heavy 150 class buck the first evening because he had busted off his G2 & G3 in the left side...( the story of my life..)

We are already booked for the same week next year, so hopefully, it will be my turn to arrow a Kentucky giant. Congrats to my wife Lisa. I am very proud of her. She is a killer!

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1294.JPG

NICE! She did great! With animals like that, I'd book it for years!

Pretty darn nice WT, congrats!

Congratulations!

Kentucky is pretty state, nice whitetail!

That's a dandy buck. Pretty fancy earrings on your wife too! Congrats to her!

Pretty Cool! Nice work.

That is a big deer for that neck of the woods.

Congrats.

I like him a lot. Congrats

Nice buck. Congratulations. I've hunted Kentucky several times , seen some monsters come into camp while there.

A very respectable trophy!! What type of bow did she use?

She shoots a Mathews Drenalin @ 52 lbs....

Here's a shot of Pennyrile's tracking dog Vars, the best tracking hound that I have ever seen. He is a Bavarian Mountain Hound, and he has won the world tracking championship a couple of times. He's getting long in the tooth, but his nose is as good as it ever was. Vars has made recoveries of clients' bucks of over two miles. He doesn't need blood. He can track off of endorphins released by the deer under stress...... We didn't really need his services with this buck. Lisa double lunged him and he piled up at 70 yards. They still take him in the woods on every recovery. He loves to track deer. I just love this picture... He was not challenged enough by Lisa's buck. He looks unimpressed...

Kenntucky Vars Lisa's buck 2016.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, congrats Mrs. FHF!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg