Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia,....AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI
Last week I had the opportunity to hunt Turkey with Jerrod Gibbons of http://okanoganvalleyguideservice.com.
We would be hunting outside of Tonasket Wa.

Jerrod set me up with his Airbnb / hunting lodge which was more than comfortable and all the comforts. Here is a pic of the interior.

We were up at 2 am and in the forest by 3am still in the dark, making our way to get set up before daylight.
Then the turkeys played hide and seek and peekaboo for the next 8 hrs…. It was an exciting, frustrating, exhausting morning! We hunted two different ranches. Covered up in turkeys the whole time. At one point I had trouble getting a clear shot at a Tom in a flock with 4 Toms and probably 12 hens just because the Tom’s wouldn’t clear from the hens and give me a shot. It was classic turkey hunting frustration. At one point Jerrod said”well that’s as close to Turkey hunting as we can get without killing one”.:LOL:

At about noon, Jerrod had us on a Ranch in an area that he said was always good in the middle of the day. And he was right!!! We got out of the truck at the end of the rach road and immediately heard a Tom gobble. We made our way off the road and up to the edge of a small rise. I could see the neck and head of a good Tom through the trees. He was moving left to right and about to go behind a couple trees. I raised my shotgun and squeezed. Two more Tom’s took off in a ballistic panic. And I had the best Meriam Tom that I have ever hunted. Beautiful colors, long beard and spurs. A great mature Turkey and a hunting experience that I won’t forget! The shot was 55 yards with Federal copper plated #4’s and an extended TKY choke.

Jerrod worked his butt off to make sure we were successful. He is a fantastic guide and I have no problem recommending him and his Okanogan Valley Guide Service.

F883155E-75D4-4E66-B0C5-80500C4F14AF.jpeg
590981D3-575E-4E3C-AA0F-1E8213E1ACB1.jpeg
FA4F0E1D-6AEF-4395-9A1D-CACC89EF230A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding !

Turkey Hunting has become a passion for me. Congratulations on your hunt.

Beautiful bird! Congrats!

Last week I had the opportunity to hunt Turkey with Jerrod Gibbons of http://okanoganvalleyguideservice.com.
We would be hunting outside of Tonasket Wa.

Jerrod set me up with his Airbnb / hunting lodge which was more than comfortable and all the comforts. Here is a pic of the interior.

We were up at 2 am and in the forest by 3am still in the dark, making our way to get set up before daylight.
Then the turkeys played hide and seek and peekaboo for the next 8 hrs…. It was an exciting, frustrating, exhausting morning! We hunted two different ranches. Covered up in turkeys the whole time. At one point I had trouble getting a clear shot at a Tom in a flock with 4 Toms and probably 12 hens just because the Tom’s wouldn’t clear from the hens and give me a shot. It was classic turkey hunting frustration. At one point Jerrod said”well that’s as close to Turkey hunting as we can get without killing one”.:LOL:

At about noon, Jerrod had us on a Ranch in an area that he said was always good in the middle of the day. And he was right!!! We got out of the truck at the end of the rach road and immediately heard a Tom gobble. We made our way off the road and up to the edge of a small rise. I could see the neck and head of a good Tom through the trees. He was moving left to right and about to go behind a couple trees. I raised my shotgun and squeezed. Two more Tom’s took off in a ballistic panic. And I had the best Meriam Tom that I have ever hunted. Beautiful colors, long beard and spurs. A great mature Turkey and a hunting experience that I won’t forget! The shot was 55 yards with Federal copper plated #4’s and an extended TKY choke.

Jerrod worked his butt off to make sure we were successful. He is a fantastic guide and I have no problem recommending him and his Okanogan Valley Guide Service.

View attachment 468661View attachment 468659View attachment 468660

I just heard from Jerrod and he has some openings for spring turkey 2023. If anyone is interested in a guided Washington St. turkey hunt Jerrod is the guy.
You can email him from the link on the Okanogan Valley Guide Service web site. Or PM me and I can send you his email address.

Turkey hunting is a hoot! That is an excellent photo showing all the iridescent colors! Congratulations, sounds like a great time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg