USA: The Goat Hunt Covid-19 Couldn’t Stop

Congratulations on your trophy experiences! Thanks for posting the story and pix(y)

Congratulations on your trophy experiences! Thanks for posting the story and pix(y)

Thanks,
I had invited my second oldest son Matt.
He was unable To go.
But it would have been nice to have a firefighter paramedic with me.
Mostly I wanted to share my experiences with my son.

What a great hunting trip and success for you, I really enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing it and all of your photos! I'm especially glad to hear of your trials with the Covid and being able to regain your health to do your hunt. Congratulations!

Congrats for a great hunt, you really deserved that goat !

Also glad you recovered from the virus, it does hit hard some people.

@Trogon
Part of a great hunt is how far it pushes the hunter not only physically but mentally and emotionally.
My best hunting times involved these traits both harvest and non harvest

I saw you just posted on I hunt Colorado fb page. But you didn't give them the whole story.
All great pictures.
I do in fact have 12 points now in total. Didn't care until seeing yours.
Congratulations again

Great story and congratulations! I have been in that area, but as a MUCH younger man. I was scheduled for a mountain goat hunt in BC this year, will be going next year. Glad you were able to make it work with much effort.

Great story and congratulations! I have been in that area, but as a MUCH younger man. I was scheduled for a mountain goat hunt in BC this year, will be going next year. Glad you were able to make it work with much effort.
Best of luck in BC next year.
They really live on the edge.

Ironhorse375, congratulations. You went on a hunt that all of us wish we could have. We were there "virtually" thanks to you. Some of your photos look like potential ideas for the mount.

@Shootist43
Thanks.
And yes you are spot on about the mount!
My taxidermist, who did work for the Denver museum is going to tackle this for me

Congrats! Way to overcome adversity- certainly will make this once in a lifetime hunt even more memorable!

Congtatz on a great hunt! You conquered several tough challenges and have a lifetime of memories to reflect on. Years ago before leaving colorado for the army I spent alot of time hiking in the upper and lower Chicago creek lakes area zand if memory serves me at Echo lake at the bottom of the area you were hunting. You took me back to some wonderful memories Thank You.

@AZDAVE
You are more than welcome.
The areas you spoke of are right there.
This lake is called Abyss lake in the photo.
I belive echo lake is just over one of the little hills in the pictures.
Truly an amazing area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swasel

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!