Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Hungary
Here we are, after about 14 hours on the road, in sunny Orlando, FL. Less than 12 hours from now the kids and I will embark on an alligator hunt.

We're going out with Get Bit Outdoors, Kevin Brotz. He was quick to respond to my correspondence about his service. On the phone one day I said I'd call him back soon, after I stopped driving in rush hour traffic, but I forgot when I got to my buddy's house. A couple hours later he called to ask if he'd missed my call. Well done, deposit paid them.

About a week later he called me again to see if I had any questions. We talked for quite a while, and he said it wouldn't be a problem for me to use a knife to dispatch the animal, an idea I found on another outfitter's page (who is still yet to contact me 3 weeks later).

Capt Kevin even offers a camera service, for those of us who want a video of the hunt. On his web page www.getbitoutdoors.com he's got some darn good videos. I've found him to be enthusiastic about his profession, and look forward to meeting him in the morning.

20170428_212110.jpg
here's the weapon of choice. I've got my Kimber on backup, in case I don't feel ballsy enough at the last moment to go Crocodile Dundee on it .

Snapchat-1855001952.jpg
20170505_201218.jpg
This statue looked to be about nine feet. I'm aiming to get one this big, but may downsize a little to help offset what I'm looking to do with taxidermy. Gizmo and I have talked, and we have a plan established for the trophies.

Looking forward to having a great weekend with the mini's. SeaWorld coming up on Sunday.

Hope everything turns out great!

Have a great time, best of luck!

Your knife looks beautiful. For your intended task I think I would have opted for a little longer blade. As I remember it Tarzan's (Johnnie Weissmuller's) knife was much bigger than yours.

I picked the knife after talking to Kevin about it. He said 4 inch would be enough. Although...I did almost get a Bowie. I was thinking forward on that purchase and figured a huge knife wouldn't do much good for skinning animals in the future. I prefer to get tools that I'll need more than just once

AND it turns out, I'm sitting at a property owned by the outfitter that never contacted me back. Must be a concession sort of thing. On the phone verifying I was at the right place I was told "Robby" would be here to meet me. Maybe I won't meet Kevin after all....

It'll probably still be a great day. I'd just prefer to have had this extra tidbit of information before. Surprises like this are aggravating. I'm pretty sure I told Kevin I'd tried Ron's Guide Service prior to calling him and was ignored. Maybe he set me up here because of the knife plan?

The blade is a beauty! Perfect, practical all round knife.

I've always wanted Damascus. This was a great reason!

Good luck bud, the gator in my avatar was taken by my son in Florida on open water from a boat. There are some great lizards in FL! Must be an grunt(11B) thing to want to use a knife, I think about it all the time, especially in Houston traffic!
Aim small........stab small? Lmao
Cheers,
Cody

1494175164632.jpeg
I didn't realize we're so close!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.