USA: Texas Rockin G Ranch

Morning update:12/29 10:00 am
Not much to report on this morning. Weather set in with drizzle and heavy fog. Visibility is still less than 100 yards making it difficult to see anything. We backed out and are at camp for breakfast and will decided on next move. It’s really up to the weather at this point.

Mark, remember you are still in Texas, just wait a few minutes the weather will change. I can recall riding my motorcycle to the base hospital in a short sleeved shirt to have my eyes examined. When I got back to my bike, there was 2" of snow on the seat.

Well guys the sun has set on our adventure.
The fog didn’t lift till after 2:00 pm this afternoon. We looked hard and covered a lot of ground, but we never located the Bison or one of the two Aoudad we had seen earlier in the hunt. Justin did find and put me on an Aoudad that he estimated at around 31 but it wasn’t one of the big ones I had seen earlier so I passed on an easy 125 yard shot. I had my heart set on the Bison or one of the two Big Aoudads.
The Rockin G is an amazing place. The hospitality from everyone is amazing. Justin worked like a mad man trying to find and get us on animals and is a hoot to be around and hunt with. Kelly’s cooking is to die for, every meal she fixed was spectacular home cooking. I know we gained weight while here.
Erik and Chris (Eriks dad) have a top notch operation here and I will defiantly be back!

IMG_1185.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Mark and we loved having y’all. We look forward to many adventures in the future together.

Well darn! It still sounded like a fun time with the success of good food, new friends and a good learning experience. The high fenced area is not an easy place to hunt! Deep ravines, rolling wooded areas, beautiful country! Tons of varied exotics you never see!

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Mark. I really appreciate how hard you were willing to get after it. Naturally we all wanted to get the bison or aoudad on the ground, but it’s hunting, it happens and I still had a great time. Look forward to the next trip and the future rifle build.

Well we are up and starting to pack for the 9 hour drive back home.
You never know what Texas weather will do!
Rained most of the night and now Snowing!!

Thanks for all of the reports Mark. You had a fun hunt, and besides that there is always next time.

Just found your report. Sounds like a great hunt despite not getting all of the animals that you wanted. Nice pics. Enjoy seeing the area there. Sounds like you have an excuse to go back. Maybe settle the score. Thanks for bringing us along.
Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryellenD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you