Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
US and South Africa
I had already passed up this guy twice this season. He’s a short tined ten with a broken G3 on his left side and I know there are bigger around. This time he seemed to want to end it all. I had watched him work toward me for 20 minutes and assumed when he got to the big uprooted tree I was tucked in beside, he would jump over it and continue on his way. Instead he turned toward me. The wind was right so he had no clue I was there.
Remember, I said “uprooted” tree, so behind me is the 7ft half circle of giant tree root and beside me the tree trunk you can see in the video, some brush on the other side…I have nowhere to go. When he paused, I says to myself “Self?, if he takes one more step, you’d better spook him off before it’s too late”. He’s 12ft away now, any closer and “spooking” might backfire. He takes the step…

All it took to turn him inside out was to move my leg. Too funny.

I had already passed up this guy twice this season. He’s a short tined ten with a broken G3 on his left side and I know there are bigger around. This time he seemed to want to end it all. I had watched him work toward me for 20 minutes and assumed when he got to the big uprooted tree I was tucked in beside, he would jump over it and continue on his way. Instead he turned toward me. The wind was right so he had no clue I was there.
Remember, I said “uprooted” tree, so behind me is the 7ft half circle of giant tree root and beside me the tree trunk you can see in the video, some brush on the other side…I have nowhere to go. When he paused, I says to myself “Self?, if he takes one more step, you’d better spook him off before it’s too late”. He’s 12ft away now, any closer and “spooking” might backfire. He takes the step…

All it took to turn him inside out was to move my leg. Too funny.
The nose, eyes and ears slip up from time to time. Had a buck about 3 years ago chasing a doe stop 3 foot from the end of my arrow. I was sitting in a cedar tree I had cut out. He knew something was wrong just could not put his hoof on it. stood there for about 30 seconds before he continued on his fornication mission.

Must be a Wisconsin thing. I too had a small ten pointer just hanging out in front of me at about ten yards this past weekend. I already had some speed beef on the ground, so he gets to live another year. Love the video! I thought he was coming in for an eskimo kiss...

Nothing like Buck's in the rut.

Neat experience.

this happens with Impala in the rut in SA too
more so with the young males , they so worried about the big males hurting them thats all they worry about

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvividconsultant

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross