Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
I'll be heading out to South Dakota in the next couple of days. I'll be hunting whitetail deer (2 tags, buck & doe), pheasant, grouse & prairie chickens. My local friend told me he is taking me walleye fishing too. I've never fished for Walleye before, and I've never fished in SD, so this will be a first. I'll be gone for a total of 9 days, and hope to post some pictures and brief report. I'll be without or with very limited cell coverage, so until then.

Good luck! Fresh fried walleye…..yum yum!

Luckily the lakes haven't iced over. I'm not far away from there and the last couple of years we've iced up around Nov 8-9. Should have a good time. Deer will be rutting so thats good. Have fun.
Bruce

According my friend, it's been rather warm, in the 50s during the day. But, it's South Dakota, so the weather can change in day. LOL!!!!

Cigars? Oh yeah, that is the first thing I got ready to pack. :)

Last edited:
Love me some walleye!!! Good luck!

are you going to be east river for your deer hunt then fishing the Missouri River and the temps are dropping snow on the way also so good luck and have fun.I live about 45 miles from the Missouri

Safe travels and happy hunting!
Looking forward to hearing about hunting this water game you speak off! Fishing you call it? Seems like a novel concept to me... What kind of caliber will you need for that???

:E Rofl:

Looking forward to a report on some fine SD hunting and fishing. You have a treat waiting for you if you’ve never eaten walleye!

According my friend, it's been rather warm, in the 50s during the day. But, it's South Dakota, so the weather can change in day. LOL!!!!

Cigars? Oh yeah, that is the first thing I got ready to pack. :)
That's for certain. Last time I was there I sweated in a tee shirt one day and was busting snow drifts the next.

Have fun, SD is a beautiful state, my wife was born in Rapid City a couple centuries ago as well. We visited there about 15 years ago and I was quite taken with the place.
I remember they were under a tornado warning when we got there that thankfully didnt hit.

Another plus is they have the best looking Gov in the country!

I'll be hunting in Winner, Tripp county. I believe the Missouri River is about an hour away.

Good luck hunting and fishing. Have a great trip. Expect write up and pictures for those of us stuck working.

Have fun! I lived right next to Lake Oahe just north of Fort Pierre for a few years. Fished it a lot. Great walleye fishing and great hunting too! Also have friends in Winner who have had great luck with both there. Good luck!

That's for certain. Last time I was there I sweated in a tee shirt one day and was busting snow drifts the next.
Montana in the fall can be the same way. One day it's bluebird weather, and the next you have icicle's hanging off your chin.

hopefully your hunting and fishing will be next week as Mother Nature is really t'd off, the Winner area is caught up in 50-60 mph winds and snow right now will last possibly thru the wekend everyone hunkered down right now even my bird dog does not want to go outside. furrther west big rigs be blown over or off the roads. be safe it will pass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg