USA: Sandhill Crane Hunt West Texas

I swear I can see the curvature of the earth in that one goose pic.

Way to go !!! Gizmo !!

how long did it take to get 5 ?
About 5 flocks. All told it took an hour to shoot 45 geese. I limited quick because they kept landing on the end of my barrel. I shot 8 shells.

I spent the rest of the time videoing the flocks coming in on top of us and the guys wearing them out.

About 5 flocks. All told it took an hour to shoot 45 geese. I limited quick because they kept landing on the end of my barrel. I shot 8 shells.

Don't you hate it when that happens! Feels like a B52 is about to land on you.

Don't you hate it when that happens! Feels like a B52 is about to land on you.
I love it. I think it's awesome but it can be a little creepy when they're literally trying to land on you.

I love it. I think it's awesome but it can be a little creepy when they're literally trying to land on you.

It's funny how one day you can't keep them off you if you were dancing a jig but other days there's nothing you can do to attract a single,

It's funny how one day you can't keep them off you if you were dancing a jig but other days there's nothing you can do to attract a single,
Lol. True that.

Well done! Hard to beat a good day blasting Canadians (and no I'm not referring to Brickburn). All we've got up here in western KY right now are a few ducks and some specks. I'm just now getting back into waterfowl hunting after about a 10 year hiatus. I'm told the Canadian geese rarely make it here in significant numbers anymore, which is why it surprises me to see so many in Texas. Different flyway, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathi6164

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.