Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NWTF, NRA
With deer season closed it time to thin out the yotes some. Our average snowfall here in Georgia is less than 2" so it was unique to hunt in the snow.
I calle in one yote saturday morning but he stopped up in the woods and i never had a shot. I was setting in my first spot when i noticed a yote walking down the fence line. I could not get him to stop. I took a the shot and hit him low in the front leg. He took off running and started to make a big circle. I waited until he was headed dead away from me and rolled him over stone dead. Hopefully there will be several more to come.

yote.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you use a mouth call or electronic call? I've always used mouth calls but after looking at some FOXPRO callers i'm about to jump in and buy one.

I didnt even get the caller setup before it happened.

I have mouth calls but use my electronic most of the time. It focuses there attention somewhere else. Not to mention getting that awful sound away from your ears.

I know this thread has been quite for sometime, but was wondering if any body uses bait for coyotes? In my area there are a lot of cattle operations and inevitably someone has a cow/calf that dies. Some of us take the opportunity to set up near the carcass and have at it.

Does anyone else hunt coyotes that way?

I've used dead cattle with lots of success in the winter. Even when the carcass has been picked clean they would be back. We hunted with hounds quite a bit and would start them at the bait first thing in the morning as there would inevitibly be tracks (or a coyote on the bait), but also hunted baits without dogs.

Haven't ever hunted behind dogs for coyote. There are quite a few guys who have braces, but they don't hunt them in open country only pens. In my parish alone there are 6 running pens.

One day I started at 5pm and didn't come in until about 7:30 am the next morning. Busted 5 that is my highest record. It was on a big 1000# longhorn cow. Still looking for the pic.

They just can't resist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg