npm352

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I hunted this island in July 2019 for a day hunt (only kind offered) before heading to another island for a week of DIY archery hunting. It was well worth the trip. The place has a fascinating story and history.

It is called "The Forbidden Island" because it has been off-limits to visitors for over a century. In more recent time, they have allowed hunting for day trips, guided, which include the helicopter ride out there and back from Kauai. They have sheep and pigs that have been there since the mid 1800s as well as some eland and aoudad that were transplanted more recently. I hunt sheep and boars and had a great hunt.

It is possibly the most remote place as US citizen can travel without a passport.

I wrote an article on it and Sporting Classics ran it as a feature in their issue that is on news stands now.

20200720_203617.jpg
20200623_123347.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Very cool opportunity! Congrats on the sheep and thanks for sharing!

Just read the article in sporting classics. Good story and congrats on getting it published

Congrats on your sheep! Sounds like a great hunt!

Great job on the article! Very interesting about the jap pilot crashing there. I spent the better part of a year in the islands and had never heard that story.
cheers,
Cody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you