USA: New Mexico Pronghorn

Sounds like you had a blast. Congrats!

I did a NM pronghorn hunt a couple of weeks ago myself. I've been blessed with a few draw tags in Idaho and Wyoming over the years. This was speed goat #8 for me.

It's a tremendously fun hunt and hunter success rates are usually pretty good if there are animals in the area.

Looks like you guys had a great hunt! Nice bucks!
Besides getting the hide off as quickly as possible, if you can, hang it for 7-10 days just like beef. Even shoulders become tender.
As I have been too lazy to build the walk-in cooler, I have found these pricey coolers (like Yeti) can be put to good use. A bag of ice, a quarter, a layer of ice, another quarter, topped with ice; leave the drain cracked so water doesn't accumulate and tilt it a bit. Left in shade, checked every 3rd day or so and topped with ice. For working stiffs, the next weekend is used to cut and wrap. For those with more adjustable schedules, let it rest for at least 7 days, 10 is better. Just like beef, it makes a noticeable improvement in tenderness and taste. Antelope is one of my favorite hunts and game meats on the table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!