Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Phil that was a great hunt and a even better trophy. The outfitter working with you as he did will no doubt bring him some positive press. Cold weather hunting requires some special gun handling. Things like little to no lubrication, don't bring a cold gun inside without making sure it is 100% dried out or the condensation that forms will just freeze and lock up the action. Although you personally may be aware of these things I thought other warm weather hunters might benefit from my comments.

BTW your photo of that treed cat is absolutely stunning. You should get that photo hand painted and professionally mounted. I would if it were mine!!
Thanks for the nice words and advice. I don’t hunt often in conditions quite like this.

Chago

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Wow what a lion!!! congrats!!!

And you shaved..... your name still is Phillip right? lol

AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
Phillip Congratz on a nice cat. Hunting with hounds is exciting and depending on terrain can be a tough climb or sketchy decent chasing cats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlesGrilm

Latest profile posts

I did a little housekeeping in my shop and found some .500 Jeffery ammo that I no longer need. Superior Ammunition and Hendershots loaded them, along with AHR (American Hunting Rifles). Several Woodleigh/A-Square solids along with lead bullets in both 535g and 600g. Message me for any details.
pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG