USA: My Daughter's Caribou Hunt - SW Alaska

Fantastic! Congrats to your daughter! Sorry you had to pack anything out at all with your broken ribs. You’re one tough hombre! No flies on that Savage .308. It did it’s job.
@CoElkHunter
At the time you do what has to be done and its strange how you forget the pain you're in, but when the job is over you get a very BIG reminder of it.
Bob

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I honestly have to pinch myself at the two daughters I have been blessed with. I can't wait to see them succeed in Africa next year.
@Tundra Tiger
You may as well leave your rifle at home when you go to Africa. You will spend more time relishing in your daughters success and enjoying the hunt with them to worry about your own animals.
I was enjoying watching my son hunt in Namibia that I had to tell him to slow down or I would have nothing to hunt. In the end he got 8 animals and I got 5. If I hadn't said anything I would have been lucky to get one.

Awesome

@Tundra Tiger your tent camp looks very tidy and comfortable. Is the tent a "4 man" tent, which makes for a comfortable two person tent? Do you have to be bear aware in this area? I'm guessing yes.

Roger that. I think we were there late enough the bears had moved closer to the mountains. We did not see a one. A friend was there three weeks before and saw 9 different adult bears in 4 days. I have seen many bears at this location in past years. Honestly, I had my .45-70 hoping to see a nice one. Alas, no bueno.

My tent... I have too many tents. Of course that means options. This is one of my favorites: a Jack Wolfskin Grand Illusion IV. Yes, a 4 man.... totally comfortable for 2. I have had it in some truly ghastly weather and it just shrugs it off. At 14 pounds it's not a backpacking tent... but it's not super heavy (flying to locations) either. And the part I *love, love, love* is the vestibule. It's larger than the tent. I jok you could hold square dances in it. And yeah, I try to keep a super clean, orderly camp. That's just how I am wired.

Congrats to hunter and proud father :D Cheers:

Congratulation on a fine hunt for you and your daughter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross