Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
P&y, nwtf
So I have been slacking in my hunt reports. Spent to much time turkey hunting and not enough with the family so took a few days off. I am going to begin with my Rio hunt this year. It was with Brent Cardin and Western Oklahoma Trophy Outfitters. If you want a big deer or Rio turkey I highly recommend him. He goes above and beyond. My hunt began with us driving around looking at property. I was not booked until Saturday but Brent is a hunter and does not waste time. We found some turkey and he dropped me off. It was a difficult night. The toms were henned up, but we thought they would roost it the trees that he had on his property. He was right. The problem was they flew about 100 yards behind me. I called and worked the birds for about 30 minutes, but ended up stopping because I did not want to ruin the spot. The next morning I set up on a strut zone. At daybreak the birds went nuts. They were gobbling nonstop on the roost. However, they flew down and went away from me. I decided to let out a few purrs and just wait it out. The purrs must have done the job. About 10 minutes later I saw the first hens come in. They sat there and just clucked for 30 minutes. Soon I heard a gobble and then nothing else. I looked over my shoulder and saw the tom 30 yards away. I lifted my shotgun and rolled the tom. This is when the hunt go really fun. I had gone the year before and the hunt was ruined by weather. Brent was really devastated. I texted him and told him I missed. He said do not do anything and sit in the blind. I told Him I was already out and walking to the road. Man was he frustrated. Nothing like messing with the guide. I finally told him I killed one and he calmed down just a bit LOL.

Next I went to Kansas - more to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!