USA: Moose Hunting Adventure

Thank you. What are y'all going after?

whitetail deer, maybe some ducks. gota get my air boat running so we can get after it. it's been a rough year here, so I think a little time in field is going to be awesome for him. one of these days I'm going to come to your neck of the woods, I've always dreamed about Alaska.

whitetail deer, maybe some ducks. gota get my air boat running so we can get after it. it's been a rough year here, so I think a little time in field is going to be awesome for him. one of these days I'm going to come to your neck of the woods, I've always dreamed about Alaska.

I'm going to send you a pm.

Congrats! A hunt with your son is priceless!

Its a great thing to take your son hunting. Both of my boys have been lucky enough to draw and kill a moose here in WY. No longer. our moose populations are perhaps 20% of what they were. Lots of good eating there. Congrats
Bruce

Congrats! A hunt with your son is priceless!
Thank you. The way it happened was he was in a field swinging his head back at my calls and my son said kill that one. It's a memory that I will have forever.

Its a great thing to take your son hunting. Both of my boys have been lucky enough to draw and kill a moose here in WY. No longer. our moose populations are perhaps 20% of what they were. Lots of good eating there. Congrats
Bruce
That's a great thing for your boys! To bad you cant hunt them there anymore. What drove the populatuon decline?

We had a discussion about that here a while back. My opinion is wolves. There is another opinion expressed that it is excessive heat. That one has some studies to back it up. So probably a combination of the 2 if the truth be known. Our moose populations are way low compared to the early 90's.
Bruce

That's not good. But heat? Must be sustained high temps then. I live in north pole alaska and it got 98 degrees for almost a week here and we had sustained 80 degree temps. I don't think the animals suffered although we did since non of our houses have AC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg