Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
USA, Canada
Not sure where gator hunting fits in, but I had great time accompanying a friend one of his gator hunts. Gators are most challenging. Hunting at nights with a crossbow and harpoon even makes it more challenging!
I knew my friend was good, but that isan understatement. We were on the a section of the St. Johns River that had quite a few quota tags issued. The more tags the more hunters. This is the most challenging part. There are people on the river witout a clue. Buzzing up and down the shore spotlighting and thinking that a gator will stay around long enough to get taken. My friend knows the river and harvested two decent 9' gators in an are that was just hunted by some cowboy hunters. We just sat back, let the place calm down and drifted in. His shots with the crossbow were measured in feet....not yards. That's good! I manned the harpoon and stuck the gators after they were pulled in next to the boat. Then all heck broke loose. What a great night on the water. Pics later!

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
..I've seen quite a few Gator hunts this past year on the OLN Channel & our SCI Chapter even raffled one off at a banquet a few years back. It looks like a real exciting hunt that I would love to do in the near future!!
...I've always wanted to try shooting a crossbow so I guess that would also be another first for me!!

Fishing Gators

We have been fishing gators in Louisiana since 1979. Our season opens on 9-2.

We mainly fish them but do shoot some free swimming. I have never guided any hunts but have considered it. We thought about doing a real Cajun experience. Stay overnight at the camp, fish/hunt alligators the next day, throw in some fishing for redfish, airboat ride and we would be set. The client could shoot up to 5 or 6 gators during the day and keep the one or ones he wants. The rest I would sell.

Over the past couple of years we have averaged about $35.00 per foot for our gators this year it will be less than $7.00 per foot. The economy sure does suck.

Mike,
I really enjoyed your website (especially the African hunt). I think a combo hunt with you guys for gators and hogs would be fun. Some Cajun cooking and music would be cool too!

I have enjoyed putting the site together, no sponser, do not sell anything, it has all been for fun.

Hunting hogs with gators could be fun, it is hot and thick in September but could be done.

Mike,

That's a fantastic sunset shot of Turnigan on you website! I've seen alot of them with good colors and yours is at the top of the list.
Mike

AKMike,

Thanks, the ride to Seward or Cooper's landing has to one of the most beautiful drives in the world.

Now you have me thinking about some Pizza from the Moose's Tooth, well at least the beer. I do miss Alaska.

Now you have me thinking about some Pizza from the Moose's Tooth, well at least the beer. I do miss Alaska.

I think their pizza is way over rated IMO. But it's hard to pass up a cold bottle of Alaskan Amber. I'm even going to bring a six pack to Ukraine to share with my 'buds' there soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.