USA: Has Anyone Hunted Elk With Bald Mountain Outfitters?

ChrisG

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NAHC, NRA, Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation.
Hunted
USA, Canada
Hi All,

I am considering booking an elk hunt through these guys for 2019 or 2020. has anyone used them in the past. They were recommended to me by someone but a single reference does not constitute a reliable review.
Thanks!

http://www.baldmountainoutfitters.com/

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
I have not hunted with them. I looked at them for a moose hunt this year but booked elsewhere. They have a good reputation from what I can tell. As I understand it the owners son and daughter have each won guide of the year in Wy. That is a good sign of a decent outfit. Hopefully you will some solid references.
Bruce

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY, Canada (Yukon)
I have a deposit down with Bald Mountain Outfitters for a future moose hunt. I "only" have 16 preference points, so not sure if I'll draw any time soon. Terry Pollard is the owner of Bald Mountain Outfitters, lives in Pinedale, and has been in business for a long time. Terry's son and daughter are both guides and have been Wyoming Guide of the Year. I think they'd do you a good job for an elk hunt.

Unless you are dead set on Wyoming, I'd suggest you take a look at Montana too. Since 2001, I've hunted about 9 times with Rising Son Outfitters (http://www.huntinginmontana.com/ ), just south of Livingston. I took my son-in-law on his first elk hunt this past November and he got an elk, plus a mule deer. I took a mule deer as well.

This is a link to the hunt report: https://www.africahunting.com/threa...on-outfitters-in-montana-november-2017.40896/

ChrisG

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
Hunted
USA, Canada
Thanks for all your input so far guys! I will look into Rising Son Outfitters too.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas

ChrisG

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
Hunted
USA, Canada
Just got back from my trip last week. No elk... But I rode around 40 miles on horseback! Had a good time. Terry Pollard and his crew were great! Here's a couple pics. Saw some good country and lots and lots of moose!
20191108_103354.jpg
20191106_150833.jpg
20191106_145025.jpg
20191102_125943.jpg
20191102_124450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

20 day hunt in May 2022 with Zana Botes hard part now starting the wait
Better a fool on his own than a wise man at someone else's discretion
... F. Nietzsche
perry madl wrote on Ignatius of Antioch's profile.
Is your double still available?
I am interested in Safari Animal Paintings
Sugar4646 wrote on Warpig602's profile.
Hey boss wanted to inquire about the .308 rifle you have for sell can you send me payment information. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.