Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Hungary, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
On Veterans' Day weekend I took a very nice buck off our place on the edge of the Hill country, and a few days later my son followed up with a truly exceptional eight-point. This deer scores high 140's, and like my ten-point, this is a really fine deer for our area (and outside a high fence). We had this buck on the trail camera, but he was always long gone before first light. We had a bunch of new rubs and scraps, and I thought there was a chance he might show. We also had several days of cold rainy weather imminent. Sure enough, this big fellow was wandering around with nose to the ground just after first light. His Steyr '06 was decisive. His best deer to date.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang!

That's another fine deer!

I grew up hunting the hill country in the 80s and that was a once in a lifetime buck.

Love the tall tines.

Very nice! I hope to hunt the hill country someday.

Great deer @Red Leg! My avatar is an East Texas low fence 149 5/8" eight point and no matter how many times I look at the mount it's always impressive. I'm sure it will make a beautiful mount and something to be very proud of. Congratulations to you and your son.

Looks like you chose a great place to retire.

Thats a great 8 pointer! Holy cow congrats to your son!

Well done. That is a great trophy.

Congrats on a nice buck!

I miss hunting in TX. A good friend of mine has a ranch out near Llano- first place I really hunted and found my passion for it.

That's two super nice deer, especially for the edge of the Texas Hill County. They give my South Texas deer a run for the money. You and your son had a VERY successful year. Congratulations.

Nice buck RedLeg!

Nice deer, looks like you have a hunting partner for life.

Great deer @Red Leg! My avatar is an East Texas low fence 149 5/8" eight point and no matter how many times I look at the mount it's always impressive. I'm sure it will make a beautiful mount and something to be very proud of. Congratulations to you and your son.
Wonderful classic buck Sand Rat. An acquaintance has a trophy room full of the genetically engineered monstrosities so trendy from the area game ranches. I would much, much rather have an honest animal like yours or my son's.

Wonderful classic buck Sand Rat. An acquaintance has a trophy room full of the genetically engineered monstrosities so trendy from the area game ranches. I would much, much rather have an honest animal like yours or my son's.

+1

+ a gazillion ... not sure it gets any better than growing your own and sharing with family!

Good looking buck. Congrats Bruce

Pretty nice deer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg