Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, Mexico, New Zealand, Namibia
I took the family out to our deer lease in Hondo, Tx over the Easter holiday. We are in the middle of a terrible drought so we all set up lawn chairs 100 yards down wind over looking a water hole on Friday evening. We watched about 15 does and yearlings get their evening drink, and just before dark a group of about 15-20 hogs came running in. My six year old Cade had his .222 Rem set up in some sticks and was waiting patiently. He took the safety off, and I told him to pick a big one and squeeze. I heard the unmistakable thump of a solid hit and the herd turned to run. We all watched not knowing which one he had lined up on, and a nice 150 pounded started to drift away from the bunch then piled up. My 3 year old Morgan ran over and gave high fives saying good shot bubba. It was Cade's longest shot to date and he was all smiles.

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad your were able to take your kids hunting! Nice hog!

Your son looks so happy in the picture, these are just great moments in a boys life! Something he will always remember.

great photo and story...

a new hunter is born...

My congrats to Cade on his hog and to you Dlove for encouraging the next generation of hunters.

Well done.

Great hog... great experience with your Son... congrats on his first hog.... NOT to fond of trophy shots with blood like that... jmpo.

Dlove,

Congratulations !!!! your son Cade took a nice porky, he is hunter in the making, he would cherish this moment all his life so would you .....

Monish

Congrats to cade for a well placed shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross