Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
USA, Canada
A friend's nephew was visiting from California and wanted to go hog hunting. I arranged the hunt and accompanied them on a Okeechobee hunt with one of my favorite outfitters. We spent the morning in the stands with our bows, but the hogs were hanging pretty tight. We only saw a few deer from the stands. Later that morning we ran the dogs and saw some hogs running, but they wouldn't bay. By mid afternoon it was really hot and we were about to call it quits along with the really tired dogs, when this nice dark red hog come strolling out of the lake. By this time my friend's nephew was using my over & under 30-06, since bows are only allowed to be used from stands on this property.

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the story tarawa!

If I can ask, how expensive is a hog hunt in florida? thanks.

David,
The place that I go cost $25.00 to hunt. $100.00 if you get a hog. $25.00 for the skinning and quartering. I also give the guys a tip. So you are looking at about $175.00
Other places charge one price for a meat hog and much more for "trophy" hog which is based on size and cutter size. Still a bargain. Open year round. PM me if you would like more info.
The place that we hunt has areas for stand hunting and dog hunting, which running the dogs is the real sport, and when the dogs have one, you just dispatch the hog (not real sporting in my opinion). But to each his own. I just stand hunt myself, or if allowed, walk and stalk.

Thanks for the info Tariwa. I think I will arrange a trip to come and get myself a hog! Have decided to take an animal from every continent on earth. Should be a nice challenge.

Kind regards

Marius
PM me before you come. I can help you get started and if you want to travel without a firearm, I have plenty. I live very close to the hunting. The fall is nice. Do you come to the hunting shows in the US?
The real chalenge here is surviving the heat!

Thanks a lot Tarawa.

Marius
PM me before you come. I can help you get started and if you want to travel without a firearm, I have plenty. I live very close to the hunting. The fall is nice. Do you come to the hunting shows in the US?
The real chalenge here is surviving the heat!

Hi Tarawa,
Thanks , I will certainly do that. I have heard that Florida gets hot. Don't think there is much that an African boy can't deal with. But, will definately give you a call when I plan something.

Cheers,
Marius

David / Marius
I will continue to research all the various outfitters around here. New ones are popping up all over and the competition is going up...driving the prices down!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois