Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States
Well as I put down a few lines I can't help but wonder what I'd be doing right now in Africa on our 3 week trip if the whole China virus didn't exist. Can only wonder but as some/most of us, we found a few projects, local trips and honey do requests to keep us busy and fill the void.
A few pictures of what life's been about for the last couple months.

Sidenote: Anyone that tells you to just stay calm and don't loose your sh*t when a snake slithers it's way up under your blind is either blind or hasn't had it happen to them yet. I tried hard but failed miserably. 6" from my thigh when I noticed the 5' rat snake. Just glad I found my phone....

15768.jpeg
17711.jpeg
17984.jpeg
View attachment 348118
Screenshot_20200514-132159.png
Screenshot_20200514-132211.png
Screenshot_20200514-132144.png
Screenshot_20200514-132119.png
Screenshot_20200514-132123.png
Screenshot_20200514-132138.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice turkey Nathan!

Looks like you are making the best of it.

As for the snake, I would not tell you to stay calm, it would have been "Run!!!!" Good for you for holding tight.

I think you’re having way to much fun! Good for you!

I'm filling the void with groundhogs. First one of the year taken with an Annie 17P, 17 HMR, 110 yards, head shot. If the red foxes didn't get it overnight, the buzzards and eagles ate good the next day. Just waiting now for the first hay cut.

IMG_20200507_192456430.jpg

Congrats! I have mainly worked on projects around my house. I tend to work too many hours at work and not fix on broken down equipment but now I have more time.

NY fabvorate sport.
Groundhog shooting are great times! Planning on heading back home in June and going to have to put a dent in the ND prairie dog population.

I have a friend trying to organize a prairie dog hunt and I sure hope he come through. Looks like you have been in the woods some and I’m happy for you! Nice bird you got sir!

Strong beard.
The turkey has a good one too. ;)

Oh now don't be a wimp! Black rat snakes are nice and that ones just a baby. Now if it was a copperhead or a rattler that's a different bird. Black rats wont bite even if you mess with them they are good mouse and rat getters.
BTW nice turkey

Oh now don't be a wimp! Black rat snakes are nice and that ones just a baby. Now if it was a copperhead or a rattler that's a different bird. Black rats wont bite even if you mess with them they are good mouse and rat getters.
BTW nice turkey
I was more impressed I didn't shoot the thing. Moc or Copperhead would have cost me a round.

Nice to see what you've accomplished, congrats! And thank you for not blowing that rat snake into oblivion. I wish more people had that level of restraint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.