USA: Family Caribou Hunt

I have seen that post floating around. Do yo think you could get me on one of those rare black squirels lol
For a bou hunt I’ll guarantee a gold medal one and throw in a red squirrel and a coon to boot.

Huntinlabs, what load do you use in that 742? I've been using 180 Gr. Hornady Round Nose bullets and 54.7 Gr. of Win. 760 in mine for about 30 years. Never found a reason to change. I've tried many others but they weren't as accurate as my handloads.

Huntinlabs, what load do you use in that 742? I've been using 180 Gr. Hornady Round Nose bullets and 54.7 Gr. of Win. 760 in mine for about 30 years. Never found a reason to change. I've tried many others but they weren't as accurate as my handloads.

Believe it or not I use the cheap walmart brand fusion ammo in 180 grn. so far it has killed 3 caribou and moose as well as deer when I was stationed in Missouri.

Well done on your successful hunt! I am as excited as you are with your wife's first Alaskan big game - please extend my sincere congratulations to her.
You now have some more great family photographs for the wall.

I wish it was just photographs. Kodi said she was going to shoulder mount it regardless what I had to say. So I just poneyed up and caped it correctly for her. I was talking to her last night about it and she said even though I kept saying you have to shoot him now it wasnt as exciting as your hunt with her :cry::LOL:. The kids are looking forward to hunting with "Uncle Boela" though!!

That was a fine write up, with great fotos...........this old grampa never tires of seeing cuties out on a hunt........also nice to see the Remington 742 (or 4) still bringing home venison...........well done to all......................FWB

This one is a 750 woodmaster.

Wow, what a great hunt. I don't know how I missed it. Congrats brother, and good job on getting the kids involved. You are one lucky man to be there on the Government dime. (y)(y)

Funny story, when I was in, I applied for every base in the Mid-West, and I was sent to Kalifornia, somehow they missed the Mid. Then I volunteer for an extended long tour to Alaska, and I was sent to Homestead AFB, FL. I volunteer again for an extended long tour to Alaska, and I was sent to Sicily, Italy. On the way back from a two year there, I applied again for an extended long tour to AK, and I was sent to Shaw AFB, SC. When my time was coming up there, I was thinking about applying, and the reduction of forces hit, and I was forced out. Go figure! Not that I'm out, I guess I'll have to pay my way there.

Wow, what a great hunt. I don't know how I missed it. Congrats brother, and good job on getting the kids involved. You are one lucky man to be there on the Government dime. (y)(y)

Funny story, when I was in, I applied for every base in the Mid-West, and I was sent to Kalifornia, somehow they missed the Mid. Then I volunteer for an extended long tour to Alaska, and I was sent to Homestead AFB, FL. I volunteer again for an extended long tour to Alaska, and I was sent to Sicily, Italy. On the way back from a two year there, I applied again for an extended long tour to AK, and I was sent to Shaw AFB, SC. When my time was coming up there, I was thinking about applying, and the reduction of forces hit, and I was forced out. Go figure! Not that I'm out, I guess I'll have to pay my way there.

I am lucky to be stationed here thats for sure!! I had to do a one year remote to korea to get it but worth every day!!

Definetly not out! Come on up we will see if we cant get you on a hunt!

I'd love to join you! Let's stay in touch, and maybe we can do something next year and hunt Caribou or Moose. Thanks for the invite. I'd offer you to come up to Middle Georgia, but all I can offer you is a whitetail deer or hog hunt. :unsure:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois