www.travelexpressagency.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
I was fortunate to draw an elk permit for southern Nevada for the late season rifle hunt so the hubby and I headed south just after Thanksgiving for a DIY hunt on public lands. The weather was very mild, warm and dry but we managed to see decent bulls every day - 42 different ones in all. My husband took a real good bull in the area two years ago so at least we knew what we were up against. We had 8 days to hunt until the end of the season and I stretched it to the last morning when the weather finally turned cold - must have been about zero with the wind chill before sunrise. In the drainage we were in that last morning we saw 16 bulls (10 of which we had looked over before). I took my bull out of a group of 4 bulls that morning that we had not seen until then and the best part was we managed to get our little truck fairly close to load it up after it was quartered.

The area is also known for good Mule Deer so it was nice to see them around. We also enjoyed some amazing sunrises and sunsets. I thought Montana had some spectacular ones but I was impressed with Nevada!

IMG_0667.JPG
IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0749.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Elk Lori.
Congratulations

Way to go Lori. That is showing a lot of patience. Don't know that I could of held out that long. Great looking bull. Congrats
Bruce

Congrats Lori! What a great bull! (y) Those late season bulls can be a really tough hunt. It sounds like you guys found plenty of them though.
That’s a really cool muley buck with some mass. Love the extra in-line on the right side :)
Thanks for sharing.

Great bull and some great pictures. Way to hunt hard till the end and it paid off.

Congrats on your success and thanks for sharing!

Wow! I need you to guide me some time! Great job! Super nice mulie too!

Great job Lori! Beautiful bull! You are right, I always thought that Montana was the only place that had C.M. Russell sunsets, Nevada is right up there though.
Cheers,
Cody

Very nice congrats

Wow! I need you to guide me some time! Great job! Super nice mulie too!
I have to give the credit to my hubby on the guiding end since that's his line of work.......

Awesome bull! Someday....! Great pics. That mulie is a dandy too.

Congrats!!

Beautiful bull elk! Love that mule deer!

Awesome bull, Congrats!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.