USA: Christmas Present For My Wife

Savage Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
So, back before Thanksgiving, I asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas.
Her reply, "A big buck."

I found a hunt out in Texas on another forum and booked it. A buck and 3 does and was a reasonable price.
1st Day: Saw nothing Saturday morning.
Evening on a field, saw 20+ bucks and 10 or so does. She passed on 2 that would score 120-130. Saw 2 monsters too far away.
2nd Day: Morning no shot.
Evening saw 10 bucks and some does. Passed on a 120. Almost got a shot at a huge one. Deer close to us busted us and they all ran off but one doe. She shot it at 5 minutes of light left.
3rd Day: Found out our last day would be rained out, so she decides to shoot a 120 or something today.
Morning hunt: 2 bucks, one doe at 100 yds. I could not see the buck very well, but told her that it was her deer and if she was happy, I'm happy. Bang flop 10 seconds later.
* The only disappointing thing is she wanted them with her crossbow and both were with rifle.
Evening hunt: 3 big hogs came in and she dropped a 200 pounder in a bang flop with her bow and I quickly lowered my window and poked her rifle out and shot the 2nd hog before it could run off.

So, the trip netted an awesome time and 1 buck, 1 doe, and 2 hogs.

The buck had broken a brow tine off clean and 2 of the other points were also broken. It has a 3 inch kicker coming off the base that you can't see. Right horn is weird and heavier with a hole in the beam about 6 inches up.
This trailcam pic is from more than a month ago, but gives a better look at him. Would have scored 125ish without the breakage.

She was actually most excited about the hog, because it was with her crossbow and she's wanted a hog for a long time. I know, you will all point out that her hog was much bigger, but mine, at least, was prettier.

IMG_0109.JPG
IMG_0114.JPG
IMG_0117 - Copy.jpg

And a good time was had by all....congrats!

Definitely. My friend and his wife joined us.
They both killed a buck and he also killed 3 does.
So, we went home with 9 animals total.
I stuck with my plan to sit with my wife.

I was proud of her shooting. All 3 were perfect.

Heck yeah! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Good job. Congrats
Bruce

Tell your lovely wife I said "hello", and "great job!" on the deer and the pig...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time!

Congrats to both of you!

So, back before Thanksgiving, I asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas.
Her reply, "A big buck."

I found a hunt out in Texas on another forum and booked it. A buck and 3 does and was a reasonable price.
1st Day: Saw nothing Saturday morning.
Evening on a field, saw 20+ bucks and 10 or so does. She passed on 2 that would score 120-130. Saw 2 monsters too far away.
2nd Day: Morning no shot.
Evening saw 10 bucks and some does. Passed on a 120. Almost got a shot at a huge one. Deer close to us busted us and they all ran off but one doe. She shot it at 5 minutes of light left.
3rd Day: Found out our last day would be rained out, so she decides to shoot a 120 or something today.
Morning hunt: 2 bucks, one doe at 100 yds. I could not see the buck very well, but told her that it was her deer and if she was happy, I'm happy. Bang flop 10 seconds later.
* The only disappointing thing is she wanted them with her crossbow and both were with rifle.
Evening hunt: 3 big hogs came in and she dropped a 200 pounder in a bang flop with her bow and I quickly lowered my window and poked her rifle out and shot the 2nd hog before it could run off.

So, the trip netted an awesome time and 1 buck, 1 doe, and 2 hogs.

The buck had broken a brow tine off clean and 2 of the other points were also broken. It has a 3 inch kicker coming off the base that you can't see. Right horn is weird and heavier with a hole in the beam about 6 inches up.
This trailcam pic is from more than a month ago, but gives a better look at him. Would have scored 125ish without the breakage.

She was actually most excited about the hog, because it was with her crossbow and she's wanted a hog for a long time. I know, you will all point out that her hog was much bigger, but mine, at least, was prettier.

View attachment 381845View attachment 381846View attachment 381847
Nice hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois