Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Well I had my Pronghorn hunt sold then the client had to cancel last minute. Soooo my son has never shot one and I figured it was about time. Welp, opening day Seth smokes a very nice speed goat. We saw two monsters on the neighbors property but the just wouldn’t cooperate and this fella stepped out onto the field. I figured one in alphalpha beats two across the Fence.
6D2196BF-19E0-4D03-91D8-448BD6F6B179.jpeg
39F8A218-A08E-4E99-97E7-0C22BAEC3899.jpeg

Tell Seth congratulations buddy!

Thanks just did. We’re finally eating dinner so I treated him to a steak for a job well done. Wasn’t a far shot, 185 yards, be he absolutely drilled him. Goat dropped where he stood.

Well done. Love hunting pronghorn. What is your son shooting?

Well done. Love hunting pronghorn. What is your son shooting?
He was shooting my 30/06. I built one on a Remington 700 action and put a mag pull stock on it a few years ago. Topped with vortex optics shooting 150 grain hand loads.
6143F049-6DDC-4681-8AFE-8ACCB3B95A64.jpeg

Heck of a buck!!! Congrats!

Well done!

Excellent!

Good Job!

Great pronghorn! Kind of a laidback hunting outfit. LOL

Great pronghorn! Kind of a laidback hunting outfit. LOL
Lol right. Well when we are working for clients we will look the part. When it’s just us out having fun with each other different story. I’ve been known to hunt in a sleeveless shirt, shorts, and flip flops during these early seasons when it’s hot. :LOL: And my son is just about as bad.

I put the boy to work too
6C0F0C0D-649C-4A9C-9FBC-23077D2107A8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a bomb went off under that goat.

Looks like a bomb went off under that goat.
Lol, my hand loads for the 06 are no joke. My meat processor gripped at me today over the Meat damage. I told him I wasn’t as worried about that as I was an animal running off and dying a slow death later. But ya, they’re no joke. Huge believer in Barnes TTSX and at a semi light for caliber high velocity load on a smaller animal they’ll do some serious damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy76

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross