Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
The wife and I just completed a fantastic Merriam's turkey hunt in northeastern Wyoming with my good friend and outfitter Lyle Hartman on the Triple H Ranch near Hulett, Wyoming. Although we were the last hunters of the season, we encountered numerous responsive, mature birds, and both of us had tagged our gobblers by the second afternoon. We took both of these birds spot & stalk style behind a tom decoy. Lisa took hers with a shotgun and I was able to get mine with the bow. Tagging out so early left room for us to do some incredible flyfishing in the Black Hills for the next few days. You can check out those pics in the fishing forum.

We have hunted the Triple H with Lyle for a few years now, but this was our first time for a Spring Turkey hunt. The ranch is a beautiful piece of property with a variety of terrain that is perfect habitat for not only turkey, but mule deer, and whitetails as well. Lyle had an abundance of mature birds again this year, and his hunters have been 100% on opportunity, and 95% on harvest for several years now.. For anyone looking for a great piece of property to try for your Merriam's turkey on a semi-guided hunt in a beautiful part of the country, I would highly recommend contacting Lyle & Kathy Hartman at the Triple H for not only great hunting opportunities, but great hospitality as well!

IMG_6259 (1).jpg

IMG_6244.jpg

IMG_6216.jpg

IMG_6245.jpg

Absolutely wonderful!

Great job and congratulations! The Black Hills is a beautiful part of our state and a wonderful Turkey and Whitetail deistination.

Great job and congratulations! The Black Hills is a beautiful part of our state and a wonderful Turkey and Whitetail deistination.

I could not agree more.. Too bad the secret is out...!

Only about an hour away from me. Congrats. Nice pics. Glad you had a good hunt
Bruce

Love the coloring on the Merriams. Great birds

Awesome! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross