Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
Our hunt began with rain, sleet, then 3" of snow followed up by record-setting low temps for Kentucky in November. 4 of our 6 days had wind chills in the single digits. The record cold didn't seem to bother the deer too much. We had great action every sit, and saw lots of bucks on this trip.... It was 10 degrees the morning I shot my buck. My bow was iced up and the tree stand would crack from the ice build-up every time I moved. Conditions were not ideal for bow hunting to say the least.... Tough conditions aside, I was lucky enough to get an opportunity at a good buck and made it count...

This was our 4th hunt in the last 5 years with Dan & Nancy Kendall and Pennyrile Outfitters in Western Kentucky. As always, Dan & Nancy are the ultimate hosts. They run a great camp and they are always going above and beyond at every opportunity to accommodate their hunters. Pennyrile boasts meticulously managed farms with great whitetail genetics, extremely comfortable accommodations, and great logistics.

We hunted the second week of November which is opening weekend of rifle season in Kentucky. The rut in this part of the state usually begins around November 7th and starts to wind down around the 21st.... Although it was the gun opener, my rifle never made it to the woods. Dan is the best when it comes to stand location and concealment which offers an excellent opportunity to take a great whitetail with your bow at Pennyrile.

In addition to great bow stands, Dan has multiple heated shooting houses for his rifle hunters. Most of the properties are working farms planted in corn, soy beans, and wheat. Dan also plants over a hundred acres of clover, wheat, and rye just as attractor plots for the deer and turkey. You will see lots of deer and the buck to doe ratio is excellent.

Overall, Pennyrile offers a very good semi-guided, fully accommodated whitetail hunt at a very reasonable price. I cannot recommend them highly enough... Anyone looking to hunt hat part of the country should give Dan a call. Please feel free to PM or call me anytime if you want more details about the experience offered at Pennyrile.

Kywitetial 2.jpg

Kywhitetail 5.JPG

Nice buck! The rut and cold temps probably keeps those bucks moving. Well done!

Good looking buck. Nice tine length. Hard to pass up a deer like that. Congrats
Bruce

Fine buck....lots of bead work and long tines.......................well done......FWB

Excellent buck, congratulations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross