Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
PHASA, SCI, DSC, NRMEF, NWTF, DU, QDMA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana.
Back in September I surprised my wife with an archery combination mule deer/antelope hunt with a good friend of ours who is an outfitter in Nebraska. We hunted spot & stalk on public land in northwestern Nebraska which, by the way, is a sleeper hunting destination that I highly recommend if you ever get the chance to hunt there....

She took the first decent goat that gave her a broadside shot a 50 yards on day 2. From there, we spent the rest of the hunt pursuing 5 different shooter bucks that were all in velvet. On the last morning, we spotted this buck which we originally thought was a new buck we hadn't yet seen. She, along with our guide Dustin, made a 250 yard crawl to get within 45 yards of this buck bedded up with another half dozen does and smaller bucks. After waiting him out for an hour or so, Dustin finally decided to get him up for a shot. When he finally stood up, she smoked him with a perfect arrow and he fell 30 yards from where he was bedded. I got to watch the whole thing through the spotting scope from the hillside above.

We realized that this was one of the bucks Dustin had pre-scouted the week before our hunt. Unfortunately, he came out of velvet earlier than his buddies. The third photo is of this buck about 10 days earlier. Although neither of these animals are giants, I could not have been more proud to watch her take her first 2 of either species under those circumstances. For those who have never done it, it's the most challenging, frustrating, yet most rewarding hunting that we have ever done.

IMG_0219.JPG
IMG_0242.JPG
IMG_0124.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
very cool , well done
congratulations

Congrats to your wife on her trophies!(y)

Dan, good read as usual. congrats to your wife for two beautiful trophies. Forrest

Spot and Stalk is the way to go.
Congratulations on the fine effort.

Spot and stalk pronghorn with a bow, that's a great trophy!

Any hunt with a bow and arrow, spot and stalk and successful is an excellent experience.

Congratulations on the great hunt, can you share the name of the outfitter? I'm moving to Nebraska in the spring and I'd love to do a hunt like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross