USA: Arizona Dry Ground Mountain Lion Hunt With Seven Anchor Outfitters

Never seen one that big! There must have been an African lion somewhere in his ancestry!!!

I have a male, and a female who shows up with kittens fairly regularly at my house in southern az. The male lives behind my house fairly peacefully. I have had a few arms length encounters which got the blood pumping, and I have to say with long association with the cats here...you shot a serious cat.

Well done

Thanks for all the kind remarks! I am beyond happy with the hunt experience and the size of the cat was icing on the cake!

Sounds like a great hunt. Beautiful cat. Congrats bruce

Thank you Bruce

Great cat Charles! That is a huge cat for AZ or NM from what I've seen taken there, congratulations! Beautiful mount also, a good mountain lion taxi is rare, seems that most set the eyes poorly, yours looks proper!

Cody

Thanks Cody,

Yeah I agree a good taxidermy job on a cat is hard to come by, luckily my guy lives about 30 min from me and I was able to stop by his shop multiple times to check on the progress.

Charles, A spectacular animal for sure. Thank you for sharing this wonderful journey and hunt with us, much appreciated. Hope you get a big Tom in Africa so that they balance each other! ;)

Thanks Jerome! I certainly have a tom leopard very high on my list, hopefully to pursue in 2017!

Nice report. Ignore my PM. I just found this post

Great looking cat reedy.(y) Sounds like the hunt was a blast. Thanks for posting the report.

Nice story and cat. A mtn. lion is still on my list of animals to chase one day. I will try my luck in new mexico I think. Looks like you had some fun elk hunting to.

Thank Bill! Yeah it was a great hunt, and the elk was fun hunting also. Both elk were taken in NW Colorado.

I hope you get to chase after a lion someday!

Thanks for the heads up on the report. Great read and an awesome cat. Love the mount too. Looks like he is about to come off that wall on you.

I cowboy for a ranch in western NM with very similar country. That is some tough riding for a beginner, some of it gets tough for someone who has been horseback most of my 42 years.
That ranch has a lot of cats, we see sign and kills a lot of the times we work out there but have never seen a cat. Ranch owner has lived there his whole life, 50+ years and has only seen 4 that weren’t being hunted or trapped. Very cool animals and a great hunt you had.

Thanks @MAdcox !

Yeah the terrain and country was tough for a newbie and relative flatlander! The horses and mules were great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinPr

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!