USA: Arizona Dry Ground Mountain Lion February 2021 With Seven Anchor Outfitters

Nice old cat! The mountains always fool people in that they are harder to climb than most think till the sweat is pouring down their face. looks like you did a good job of getting in shape before your hunt. I am sure the outfitter was very thankful of your efforts. Good job!

Nice old cat! The mountains always fool people in that they are harder to climb than most think till the sweat is pouring down their face. looks like you did a good job of getting in shape before your hunt. I am sure the outfitter was very thankful of your efforts. Good job!

Two recommendations I would give for anyone doing this hunt horseback:

1. Practice hiking steep inclines for short distances at a pretty quick pace. That lion isn’t going to stand there and wait long. It was tiring even though it was probably 100 yards.

2. Take some riding lessons. It doesn’t have to look pretty but if your confident in your ability to ride you’ll enjoy it much more. luckily we have horses that I ride occasionally or it could have been a problem for some people. I’m not a pretty rider but I won’t fall off

Congrats!!! I hunted with Logan in 2013. Great guy and great area!

@M Whitley your are very correct on comfortable riding horses, like you I grew up with horses and am comfortable. Down by me one of the guys that hunts cats uses mules to ride. While they can be a bit contrary and a tad hard headed(But I have been accused of the same thing) but they are very sure footed and great for the mountain work. I need to hunt with a houndsman for mountian lion one of these days. I have spoke with a outfitter in colorado and a couple guys guys here in Arizona. Guess I just need to make a plan. Your hunt report has me thinking :A Bulb:

Great looking cat - Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg